Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

'09: Ordering heated seats separately (and some other questions)

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '09: Ordering heated seats separately (and some other questions)

I would like to order just heated seats and not the Cold Weather Package, like one could on the '08s. The dealer claims this can't be done, but I thought I read something on here that if you know the right order code, the dealer can call someone at Audi and have it done.

Is this possible? Also can I somehow order the Convenience Package without Bose? I'm just going to be replacing it and it's going to make this car to expensive.

Lastly, the dealer says since i'm ordering the car (as opposed to buying the ones they [don't] have on the lot) I will have to pay MSRP. What does any one know about this?
Old 06-25-2008, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default We ran into this same issue last night when ordering our 09...[more]

per Audi's 2009 ordering guide, it seems as though seems thins have changed..(i.e. the bose and heated seats options

we weren't able to order heated seats w/out Con Package like you said

-Although, there was a 2009 order guide posted on here recently...they looked at me completely clueless when I gave them the order code for the permanent roof rails -- no one at dealership had heard about it...

I politely asked them to call AoA Regional Rep...nxt day Sales Manager said I was right... hopefully similar in your situation..maybe ask them to call AoA tommorow?

Good luck...also about MSRP line:

my dealer said: "we're gonna be as "aggressive" as possible with pricing"... they didn't even need a deposit for the order... the dealer has a "price match promise"...I think the problem here is AoA hasn't officially released 2009 pricing yet...maybe order than see how good they can do for you? regardless, I imagine these 09 A3s will move very fast

Oh yeah, we had the unpleasent surprise of finding out the 2.0T quattro is NOT offered in manual as of yet... my dealer guy said it may be offered later

keep us posted, i'm in same boat...they did say we can change options over next few weeks without affecting the build
Old 06-25-2008, 04:58 PM

Default you can easily order and negotiate under MSRP

that's incredibly silly. Talk to the manager and demand a more honest dealer to work with.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pricing is rarely known until a few weeks before the car arrives, if not later. The normal thing

to do is agree on a certain amount over invoice.

Knowing the price of a regular 2.0T front trak, what DSG costs and what awd costs on other Audi models where it's a stand alone item, you can get some idea of what the sticker might be.

I have never seen it possible to delete items out of a package, but sometimes you can add a stand alone item. Look to several other order guides on other Audi models, to see if there is a consistent order code for that.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Excellent- I was planning on negotiating - (I've never bought a used a new car before ;)

when pricing becomes available, would u start shopping around at other dealers?

I genuinely believe the sales prices are not available yet from AoA? - - thanks for any insight on how to approach this..and pardon my such basic questions

Isn't it true the dealer profit margins on new car orders are razor thin? I've heard between 500-1000?
Old 06-25-2008, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thank you so much, I'm a newbie to buying new :) i'm planning to do exactly as you said...

what is a "fair" amount over invoice you'd suggest?
Old 06-25-2008, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Well, the right price depends on many factors.

This is a new varient for the A3, and likely to be the most popular, so you're treading on new ground. Visit edmunds.com and see what kind of average prices people are paying for an A3 3.2 and 2.0T - split the difference. Calculate that margin and pad it maybe a little bit for the above factors.

If you're ordering or looking for a very specific car, then do your dealer shopping now before the order goes in. Once you and the dealer have agreed on price, then the honourable thing is to follow through. If you are more flexible and don't care about colours or options and are more a gambling type, then wait for the cars to arrive, and try your hand at negotiating for something in stock.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thank you- excellent input - - order has not officially gone through so I am going to do best to

to be upfront with dealer about pricing
Old 06-25-2008, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Get the pricing in writing, signed by the manager. Once the order has been accepted by Audi

you should get a printout showing colours, options, and it's status at the factory order bank. It will start with an allocation number, then when the factory acknowledges the order, a commission number. This will turn into a vin# once the car has been built.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Exactly, i was confused during my first post...you're right, our order has not been finalized yet...

...this was when I was going to do exactly as you just stated. Thanks again April, your posts are always very knowledgeable and helpful.

Quick Reply: '09: Ordering heated seats separately (and some other questions)