Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

2010 A3 Bluetooth with 3Gs

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 A3 Bluetooth with 3Gs

Pairing an iPhone 3Gs running latest iOS 4.3.4 with my '10 A3 worked. But, it appears that it doesn't load the contact list from the phone.

Anybody having similar problems?

In addition, is there any app that simply puts a "turn on Bluetooth" button on the home page instead of going 3 levels deep into Settings every time you want to turn on/off BT?

Last edited by rovision; 07-30-2011 at 07:37 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Where are you looking for your contacts--the bluetooth interface will load them into itself--not your headunit. Click on the left button on the steering wheel and they should appear in the instrument cluster display. You can then roll the left roller to select and then push it to initiate a call.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by MikeSS
Where are you looking for your contacts--the bluetooth interface will load them into itself--not your headunit. Click on the left button on the steering wheel and they should appear in the instrument cluster display. You can then roll the left roller to select and then push it to initiate a call.
That's my understanding too: once uploaded, you click on the left button and it cycles through radio info twice, than it displays 1 phone number and nothing comes up when rolling the up/down button.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Clicking the left button should change the DIS from displaying radio information to bluetooth contacts and numbers. I don't know why it would cycle through radio info twice. I'll admit mine is the first generation bluetooth (an '06) but I don't think Audi has made drastic changes in the interface.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Clicking the left button should change the DIS from displaying radio information to bluetooth contacts and numbers. I don't know why it would cycle through radio info twice. I'll admit mine is the first generation bluetooth (an '06) but I don't think Audi has made drastic changes in the interface.
When you click the left button it shows first the station name, the second time the FM wave length and the third time it shows the phone numbers. Only that in my case, it only shows one phone number. If rolling the up/down button, it goes back to the radio station.

When pairing the phone, it's supposed to display a "Please wait" message until it loads the contacts. It never did.

Last edited by rovision; 07-31-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

The button you're referring to--is it the one on the left side nearest to the center of the wheel or the outboard "roller" button?
Old 07-31-2011, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yes. Not the roller.

Last edited by rovision; 07-31-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Perhaps you have a defective bluetooth unit. I've never had a problem and I've owned every type of iPhone since the original (including the 3GS) and they've all uploaded the contacts list.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Perhaps you have a defective bluetooth unit. I've never had a problem and I've owned every type of iPhone since the original (including the 3GS) and they've all uploaded the contacts list.
Could be, but before I check with the dealer, I'm going to try again. Apparently there's no way to "uninstall" a phone once paired with the HU (maybe through vagcom?), but there's a comment in the manual referring to some "waiting period" before the contact list can be used.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by rovision
Pairing an iPhone 3Gs running latest iOS 4.3.4 with my '10 A3 worked. But, it appears that it doesn't load the contact list from the phone.

Anybody having similar problems?

In addition, is there any app that simply puts a "turn on Bluetooth" button on the home page instead of going 3 levels deep into Settings every time you want to turn on/off BT?
Well, the phone pairing and phone package works as advertised. After double checking the pairing, the contact list IS in the phone package. It appears that you need to wait some time after pairing/transferring the contacts in order to access the full list.

The second issue with accessing the BT toggle without going through Settings > General > ... each time, is not solved yet.
Apple doesn't allow access to some setting functions in order to create shortcuts on the home page. However, if you are inclined to use jailbreaking, there are apps available that allow quick access to most settings.

Quick Reply: 2010 A3 Bluetooth with 3Gs