Sad that this doesn't appear to be coming here:

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/12/05/2...-drive-review/
Old 01-21-2013, 06:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by psychodo
Sad that this doesn't appear to be coming here:

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/12/05/2...-drive-review/
I think the US will get the new sportback. BMW and Mercedes are planning to bring new compact sportbacks here and Audi would not be so foolish as to not offer their version here in 2014. If they decide not to bring it here, I will go to the either Mercedes or BMW for my next purchase.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

With a manual transmission AND Quattro, this would be my next car. My 2006 BMW X3 3.0i (manual, m-sport, premium, xenons, etc.) is currently 7 years old. In the next 3 years, I'll be looking for a replacement. Now that BMW no longer offers a manual-transmission, all-wheel-drive vehicle in the US, Audi is the obvious choice. The weight, size, power, and technology of the latest A3 are perfect for my needs.

-James
Seattle, WA
Old 02-06-2013, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by William B. Kayen
I think the US will get the new sportback. BMW and Mercedes are planning to bring new compact sportbacks here and Audi would not be so foolish as to not offer their version here in 2014. If they decide not to bring it here, I will go to the either Mercedes or BMW for my next purchase.
I prefer a hatch type, but if no new A3, I might go for the MB CLA, which starts at $29,900.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by opus360
I prefer a hatch type, but if no new A3, I might go for the MB CLA, which starts at $29,900.
The MB GLA will be the hatch version of the CLA. That will be my next ride if Audi denies us the 5 door hatchback.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

The hatch has already been confirmed for US.

Here is an excerpt from a article that quotes AoA president Scott Keogh
The standard A3 sedan is designed to grab the customers the original A4s caught. "The B8 A4 has gotten bigger, more conservative, maybe more luxurious, and we think there's room to bring a smaller, sporty car," Audi of America president Scott Keogh says. The A3 sedan has "tremendous potential" among non-luxury buyers, adds product planner Filip Brabec. Audi of America will continue to sell the new A3 Sportback in at least limited versions, Keogh adds. That's certain to include a TDI.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...#ixzz2KJvpf3P2
Old 02-12-2013, 07:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Cyncris
Audi of America will continue to sell the new A3 Sportback in at least limited versions, Keogh adds. That's certain to include a TDI.
But will those "limited versions" include Quattro + Manual? If not, then it's just not that interesting to me. Since the A4 Avant no longer comes in manual, I'm cautiously optimistic.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by iamthewalrus
But will those "limited versions" include Quattro + Manual? If not, then it's just not that interesting to me. Since the A4 Avant no longer comes in manual, I'm cautiously optimistic.
Highly unlikely, unfortunately. In fact, Quattro+6MT combinations of the A3 3-door and sportback have never been very big sellers across Europe, even. I believe that right now the only quattro combination on the market is the 1.8TFSI+S-Tronic.

My guess is that if you want a 6MT+Quattro combination it's going to be in the form of the forthcoming S3 only.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tgrundke
My guess is that if you want a 6MT+Quattro combination it's going to be in the form of the forthcoming S3 only.
From your lips to AoA's ears... I want this combo!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Chances of 6MT-quattro are probably slim to none. MT car purchases are declining and costs for certifying chassis are going up so in order to sell a chassis configuration the auto company must have potential sales estimates to make it profitable.

Enthusiast desired cars are becoming a rare breeds.

Quick Reply: 2014 A3 sportback