Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

2017 Audi S3 - Pulls Right After New Tires & Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2023, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Audi S3 - Pulls Right After New Tires & Alignment

Hi,

I've been doing a lot of research over the last few weeks and so far have found no answers.

I have a 2017 Audi S3 for the last 2 years. No issues ever, just oil changes, brakes etc, regular maintenance.
I got new wheel bearings installed on the front end due to a noise. They replaced them, gave the car back, all good. I also had tires incoming from another city. However, the tires weren't in yet so I took the car home. I had my old tires on the car and it drove perfectly straight. - I was able to take my hands off the wheel and it would keep tracking straight.
The next day, my tires came in, I took the car to the shop & they changed over the tires, performed an alignment and I went on my way.

I noticed on the drive home, when my wheel is straight, it pulls to the right. If I have the wheel tilted slightly to the left, the car drives perfectly straight. (I tested for tire pull by swapping the front two tires over to see if I could get the car to pull to the left and isolate the issue to the tires, it still pulled to the right after the switch, so it leads me to believe its something that can be modified within the cars alignment set up.)
I moved that weekend to the other side of the city, so the company that did the work with the tires is now a 45 min drive away.

I took my car to another shop to see if they could look into it for me and fix the issue. They have since done the alignment 3 times, they're telling me the alignment is good, when clearly, its not.
So, now, I have a S3 with new bearings, new tires and a pull to the right, which apparently is 'normal'

If anyone has any ideas as to what it could be, I would greatly appreciate your input; I have included the original alignment spec report here too so you can see. One thing I noticed was that the toe on the right side was previously set at -0.25 and 0.00 on the left. Now its at 0.00 on both sides.

Let me know what your thoughts are.
Old 05-17-2023, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just did some more research and I found a guy with a 2016 Audi S3 - Had the exact same issue, even pulling to the same side.
He adjusted his tie rod ends and it completely fixed it.

Going to try after work today and will update.
Old 05-18-2023, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Update: Managed to get to the last step, however I found out that my jam nut is rusted onto the tie rod thread so I will need a blowtorch. It's going to a Euro shop on June 1st so I will get them to handle it instead