Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

A3 2.0 or A3 3.2?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 02:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I give you credit at least you admit you know nothing.

As for snow tires if you want to learn a little Boki check out this test comparison on TR where Dunlop M2 (the M3's predecessor) stomp all over LM22's.<ul><li><a href="http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=AR4&url=%2Ftires%2Ftests%2Fwinter_perftest _2.jsp">http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/winter_perftest_2.jsp</a></li></ul>
Old 09-26-2006, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey now, dim bulb judge, you read that wrong,....

but i'll give you, it was a tricky sentence. i should have made it simpler for you.

it means that you do not know me, and you do not know how much experience i have. i based that conclusion on your earlier statement, "boki knows nothing". boki actually knows quite a bit, and quite a bit about snow tires. also, when boki doesn't know something, he admits it.

and it seems that you have a habit of not reading carefully, or not comprehending what you read.
the article you posted disagrees with you. the dunlop did not 'stomp all over the blizzak', in fact, the blizzak outperformed the dunlop in every test. the only 2 'tests' in which it did not do better, were in the subjective, non-performance categories, 'ride comfort' and 'road comfort', whatever those are. in every single other test the blizzak outscored the dunlop, every quantitative test, accelleration, cornering, braking, handling.
what review did you read, kid? i'm glad you made an 'informed' purchase, enjoy your m3's.<i>(though they tested poorer, they'll work fine for your needs)</i>

the forums are full of those who generously spout their opinions based on what they 'know' because they read it somewhere. judgegravel reads an article, poorly, then spews his newfound wisdom. there are too many who read drivel like judgegravel writes, and assume he knows what he's talking about, and then pass it on in a forum as 'knowledge' or fact.

judgegravel drives the treacherous mountain passes of delaware, and chooses front wheel drive.
boki has likely driven more winter seasons in colorado and alaska, than judgegravel has years alive on this planet.
boki chooses quattro because it makes a difference to him, and he knows what works on gravel, and on snow and ice.

the dunlop m3 is a fine tire, blizzak does not 'stomp all over' it, i just like how it works for me better.

fair warning to audiworlders, judgegavel=bullsh!tter
Old 09-26-2006, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Especially tricky when you write in the third person like an 8yo...

boki knows nothing, was a play on the Bo knows... comercials, perhaps you dont remeber those, may be well before your time. As far as snow tires I can pretty much guarantee I have both driven more miles and have had more experience on them than most people on this forum, including yourself. I average close to 10K miles a winter driving around NY and VT and to and from for the last 10 years. And can assure you the LM22's arent half the tire the M3's or Nokian WR's are for mixed winter driving. Your AWD comment just proves your ignorance so please put it to rest.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yer dum,....

judgegravel writes:
<i>"....bo knows commercialls....perhaps you dont remeber those, may be well before your time..."</i>

no, burma shave commercials were before my time, almost

<i>"....far as snow tires I can pretty much guarantee I have both driven more miles and have had more experience on them than most people on this forum, including yourself..."</i>

you are pompous, and i can pretty much guarantee, wrong about your superior experience to the rest of the folks on this forum.

<i>"...I average close to 10K miles a winter driving around NY and VT and to and from for the last 10 years...."</i>

you are an amateur. if you really do have 100k, which i doubt, that's equivalent to about a quarter <i>(sorry j, that means one fourth)</i>, of my experience, and there may be one or two others on this forum with more experience than you, it is possible. and unlike you, many of them have probably driven in real mountains in winter.

<i>"...and can assure you the LM22's arent half the tire the M3's or Nokian WR's are for mixed winter driving."</i>

you can't assure me of anything. i wouldn't take your personal assurance on squat, and you conveniently did not address your error in interpretting that article you posted. you know, the article that says you are full of it? you are a dolt, and wouldn't know a hakapeliitta in a blind taste test. you are comparing tires that are totally different purposed.

and the best one,....
<i>"Your AWD comment just proves your ignorance...."</i>

uh, i'm not sure what to say here,....ok, here goes,... quattro is why the audiworld forums exist. there would be no audiworld forums as we know them today, if it wasn't for quattro.

<i>"....so please put it to rest."</i>

i put you to rest, judgedimbulb, pulled the rug out from under your personal pretense and baseless 'facts', . i'm callin' you out, i say you are full of yourself, and full of shyte.

people on the forum will no longer trust your posts. the air has been let out of you, judgeballoon
Old 09-26-2006, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Um Audi is the the reason AW exists maybe if you drove one you'd know that

and just remember haldex as much as it makes up for your poor driving skills, isnt real quattro.

BTW Didnt say the rest just most,100k is just my winter driving over the last 10 years, not overall, I hate to think your much older than me and have a myspace acct. that would just be sad.

As for pulling the rug out I call BS I couldnt be made to look any stupider than you already do refering to yourself in the third person, and while we may not have run into each other before (I only post in the A3 forum) I've been here long enough that you do little to effect my reputation with your 12 yo name calling. Again "Boki doesnt know shyte" must be the motto you live by.