Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

A3 2.0 TDI faulty electronic module

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 06:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A3 2.0 TDI faulty electronic module

Audi owner from Italy. Please help me !!!
I have an A3 2.0 TDI since mar04. The car was never OK. Battery always dead after a 2 days stop. After a month I noticed myself (and not the dealer!) that the light in the red hazard button in the middle of the dashboard remained on all the time after locking. VAG service changed battery twice then they said that one of the elctr. module was faulty. they say this car has about 40 different electronic modules. They changed the 'comfort' module. Problem still present. Now they say only other 3 modules are involved in the hazard button light. They will repalce the anti-theft one next. Anyone had similar problem? Please help I'm DESPERATE !!!
Old 02-04-2005, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Good luck buddy.

All car have issues and some more then others. You might have just gotten a bad apple. If the car is in that much that I would call Audi and let them know of the issue. Maybe have it deemed a lemon and get a new one.

Audi doesnt want your car in the shope either eating up mechanics time on the same issue and using alot of parts that you dont have to pay for under warrenty. Its not cost or time effective for them either.

Good Luck.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:00 PM

Default Re: A3 2.0 TDI faulty electronic module

I do not know if this is of any help.
I have an A3 1.6 March 04. I had a dead battery after the first month or so. It was eventually traced to a faulty brake light switch which was replaced. I have had no problem since.
Also, I was confused by the hazard button remaining lit. Audi assured me that this is normal. The light can remain on up to 2 hours or so after switching off. I did not believe them at first. However, after checking several other Audis I eventually accepted it. The hazard light is only an LED and takes negligible current.
Sometimes Audi designers seem to come up with really stupid ideas.
Old 02-06-2005, 02:51 AM

Default Re: A3 2.0 TDI faulty electronic module

thanks for help!
In fact, audi service says it is not the light itself which wouldn't be capable to drain the battery in two days, it's a whole module remaining electrically active. I don't understand how they cannot identify immediately the involved one through diagnostic! The 'comfort' module has been changed (not in stock at audi italy. Arriving from Germany, 2weeks wait). Now the last two will be changed (one is the anti-theft, the other I don't remember). If this won't solve I'll be forced to negotiate a car replacement