Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

A3 8P1 1.9Tdi 2009 help needed please with the drivers door wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 12:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default A3 8P1 1.9Tdi 2009 help needed please with the drivers door wiring diagram

Hi there guys and Gals
I have just changed my "door actuator" and repaired some broken wires at door multiplug, nothing else.
The question is does anybody have any idea what the colours are to operate the door actuator ?
  1. Unlock. . . . . . .
  2. Lock. . . . . . . . .
I can open the door from the exterior handle and the pull wire inside.
On pressing the lock / unlock button on the key it does not not operate & I can't hear anything ! ! !
When I wired in the new multiplug I checked for continuity and all these joints are soldered and all have a layer of heat shrink.
The only operation that I have not performed is pressing the "lock button on the door card"

Any help would be much appreciated
Old 08-19-2020, 01:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Problem with drivers door warning light staying on and unable to lock the door

Originally Posted by sheffieldyorky
Hi there guys and Gals
I have just changed my "door actuator" and repaired some broken wires at door multiplug, nothing else.
The question is does anybody have any idea what the colours are to operate the door actuator ?
  1. Unlock. . . . . . .
  2. Lock. . . . . . . . .
I can open the door from the exterior handle and the pull wire inside.
On pressing the lock / unlock button on the key it does not not operate & I can't hear anything ! ! !
When I wired in the new multiplug I checked for continuity and all these joints are soldered and all have a layer of heat shrink.
The only operation that I have not performed is pressing the "lock button on the door card"

This has now been fixed
This has been working perfectly for a couple of weeks.
Yesterday I could not "lock the car via the remote", but funnily enough I could "unlock the car via the remote"
The original problem was I could neither lock or unlock the car via the remote, to accomplish these actions I used the key.
Passenger side works both ways.
The question now is does anybody know what the various pins are on the main wiring loom coming from the pillar. So I can operate the remote and see what should be working and what is not working, I would intend to use a millimetre for this operation.
One other thing that I have noticed yesterday, on the dash the "drivers side door open" warning light came on and stayed on despite me closing the door several times.

Last edited by sheffieldyorky; 08-19-2020 at 01:25 AM.