Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

A3: Buy now or wait?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A3: Buy now or wait?

I've been researching the audi a3 for the last 3 months, and hunting the NorCal dealers for my specific vehicle. But I'm now wondering if this is a good time to buy ... I'ved STFA and learned that inventory is shrinking, and its getting harder to find an Audi with my options. Yet I'm not sure if there might be better promotions/offers in a few months.
Do you guys think its better to wait a few months when the '07 models are coming in, or now's a good time?

BTW, i'm looking for 2.0T DSG Artic White, Sport, Open Sky, Convenience, Bluetooth, Xenons.

TIA ...
Old 03-28-2006, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: A3: Buy now or wait?

Tough call... We decided to order one, couldn't find one the way we wanted it. Really wanted it for the summer though. It looks as though the 2007's won't arrive 'till the fall at the earliest. Aparantally the 2007's won't have the scheduled maintence included, but one only knows which options. You might be able to grab a 2006 cheaper in the fall, but I doubt you'll be able to find exactally what you're looking for. The 3 month wait is really freakin' tough though.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:06 PM

Default Now would be the time to get a good deal on the outgoing '06 model plus take advantage...

of the free maintenance. I hear it will be an option for the '07 models.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: A3: Buy now or wait?

I am patiently waiting and hoping that the spec for MY2007 will come out soon. I know about the free maintenance will not be there, but I am hoping Audi will include more standard equipment or even lower the price a bit...
Old 03-28-2006, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It's always a gamble.On one hand Audi wants to clear inventory before the new cars arrive.

On the other hand, if inventory is limited and cars are selling well, they may feel there is no need to offer a promotion. As always, if there are promotions, it will be when inventory has started to get weedy and it's either loaded cars or oddly equipped cars that are left.

Don't wait right up until when the '07s are about to come out, because the best promotions (if there are any) usually happen weeks or months prior. AoA has no interest in keeping around an expensive incentive program to move the last few cars on dealers lots - the deals are when there is still decent if not great inventory.

You need to balance what is more important to you - the car or the deal? Most people remember the car longer after they have forgotten about the deal;-)
Old 03-28-2006, 03:51 PM

Default Thanks for weighing in guys. I've been itching to get one, but I'm young and just

got a job, and i don't want to make a mistake and leave myself with a substantial financial liability. But its sickening to see so many A3s fly by me and not take notice. My girlfriend's already annoyed at how many times i've pointed it out.
But i'm looking forward to the day i can finally post my 'joined the club' pic on this forum.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:54 PM

Default Re: It's always a gamble.On one hand Audi wants to clear inventory before the new cars arrive.

I was actually thinking of reaching out to you April/Verdegrrl regarding a dealer/audi sales person that you can recommend. I've been here long enough, and you're definitely one of NorCal's most 'enthusiastic' of Audi enthusiasts.
Anyone in Steven's Creek Audi I should be talking to?
Thanks April/Verdegrrl.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shoot me a mail if you'd like.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:12 PM

Default NICE TASTE! what color interior?

I have the same car with the gray leather and I love it here in FL - nice open and cool. I highly rec. the lighter interior to give a greater sense of space. The putty gray is really nice

I did change the rear lights for the amber turn signals. Subtle but oh so cool change in an ocean of red brake lights here in FL at night.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default You will not be able to get those options

Sport,Conv,Xenons are mutually exclusive. That may not have always been the case but it is now. Cannot even be special ordered, period. But there is supposed to be a 2.0t S-line in '07 and odds are it will include those options. I'm waiting.

Quick Reply: A3: Buy now or wait?