Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

A3 and car seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 05:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A3 and car seats

Thinking about buying an '07 A3, but would have to put 2 car seats in the back (I know, I know). Anyone tried this? Is it pretty tight back there? I want to make sure my kids would have enough leg room.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:20 PM

Default I have one car seat. The only problem is

Children's feet dont reach the floor. With the front seat set so an adult in the back would fit reasonably comfortably (feet under seats), the little kids are constantly kicking the front seat.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Speaking of car seats!

As long as it's one of these!! I can't wait to have a kid so I can buy a Recaro.<ul><li><a href="http://www.recarochildseats.com/sportChildSeats.asp">http://www.recarochildseats.com/sportChildSeats.asp</a</li></ul>
Old 03-28-2007, 05:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: I have one car seat. The only problem is

Well, they do that now in my SUV. I was just worried that their legs might be right up against the seats...Think I will take a car seat to the dealer and check it out. (should have done that in the first place).

Thanks for the input
Old 03-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default REcaro!

I didn't even know they had recaro child seats! Those are pretty sweet.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Fits ok, but...

if you have infant seat (rear facing), then you may have to put behind passenger seat and move that seat fairly far forward.

Otherwise should be ok (I have two seats)
Old 03-28-2007, 06:58 PM

Default Rear facing infant seat (Graco) works fine in the middle, but would require

awkward positioning of front seats if on either side. Rear facing infant works fine, centered with a forward facing child seat on either side.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Worked fine for us: Graco and Britax

We had the Graco rear facing in the rear right seat. Fit fine, but I did need to put a pool float under it to prop it up a little. We now have a Britax boulevard that also fits just fine in the same spot.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Bring the car seats to the dealer and try them

That's what I did. Before I bought the car, I installed the car seat, at the dealer. Since the car has latch, it literally takes 2 minutes to try it out.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:15 AM

Default Works fine, but depends on ...

... the car seat models and the size of the driver and passenger.

I've two child seats in mine since I got it a year and a half ago, one on each side, using LATCH.

I've had a Baby Trend infant carrier (the older one with the rigid LATCH mounts), Britax Roundabout both rear- and forward-facing, Britax Expressway (FF only, with rigid LATCH mounts), and Graco Toddler Safeseat Step 2 (FF only), all working just fine.

One note -- the Graco Toddler Safeseat is pretty deep for a forward-facing seat; the kid sits pretty far forward and doesn't have a lot of legroom. This isn't an issue with any of our other seats. It has the cool feature that it can be reclined while belted into the car, and the kid sits quite high and can see out the side more easily than in all our other seats, but you pay for that in legroom.

I have it behind the passenger seat, and I can't have a tall passenger in the car while the kid is in that seat. I should probably move it to the other side, but he likes to watch me drive...

Quick Reply: A3 and car seats