Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

anyone know how the Audi loaner program works? I just got a chevy malibu, yay!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 04:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone know how the Audi loaner program works? I just got a chevy malibu, yay!

My car periodically doesn't start, ecm is being updated, there was a tech bulletin about it. The creaking noise in my opensky has got me to the point of vomitting.

not regular service, how did I not get an Audi?
Old 07-11-2006, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It depends on the dealer

And more so, whether they have an Audi available or not.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:04 AM

Default And I find it helps to make it very clear that you NEED to have an Audi!

They will give you whatever if you don't make your wants/needs made very clear.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: anyone know how the Audi loaner program works? I just got a chevy malibu, yay!

in about 5 months of ownership I have had 3 loaners; one was a TT, one was an A4, and one was a Nissan Sentra!
Old 07-11-2006, 06:46 AM

Default our 42 Audi loaners are all new and a Q7 but..

Most dealers are on their own to provide loaners, Audi provide cars at reduced rates in some cases, but the dealer mostly pays for it them selves. p.s. we have 42 Audi loaners, mixed A3, A4, A6 and one Q7 in loaner service
Old 07-11-2006, 06:49 AM
Pat
AudiWorld Super User

Default Uh oh.....I see where this is going.

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/rockymtn/msgs/41552.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/rockymtn/msgs/41552.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 07-11-2006, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AoA pays the dealer about $27 a day to provide a car for you when your car needs

to stay overnight. It's a huge task to administer a rental fleet, so most dealers forego the additonal expense and overhead of doing themselves and using inventory that might otherwise be sold to customers as new cars. Some dealers have enough inventory, while others need all they can get.

Loaners get curbed, thrown into reverse at high speeds, beaten without mercy - often on a cold engine. Things spilled all over inside - liquid and solid, you'll find things like dirty diapers or rotting trash under the seats or in the trunk storage cubbies. If the car happens to be the same as what is getting serviced, it's not unusual for tires with more tread to get swapped, curbed wheels to be swapped for uncurbed, and interior parts swapped - large and small (seats to drawers, to door liners). So not only do you need to keep track of the cars, but then you need to clean them and try to catch all the damage before the car gets shipped out with the next service customer. Turn-around is very quick.

Since it costs much more than $27 a day for a decent rental, it also depends on how much profit the dealer makes in sales and service. That's why a dealer often opts to use an outside company. Overhead is predictable.

The dealers I have used have both Audis and regular rentals. You can request an Audi, and if it's a high priority repair, they automnatically give you one. I usually prefer to see what the rest of the world is driving, and try out something from the non-Audi rental fleet.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

I got a Suzuki Forenza... Twice!
Old 07-11-2006, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yes, I get nothing and (don't) like it--even when broken under warranty...
Old 07-11-2006, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Very good explanation on why dealers give out rental cars...

Wow I cannot believe that people would swap out parts/rims and tires...Bad karma...

Quick Reply: anyone know how the Audi loaner program works? I just got a chevy malibu, yay!