Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Anyone seeing NAV, Xenons yet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Looks right

I'm in La Costa. Your ride looks right. I've even come to like the multi-spokes. What % tint is that? (it is tinted?). I didn't order the open sky because I wasn't sure of the two tone look. We ordered it on my wife's Cooper S, but it is already two tone with the black roof so it kinda blended in. Would have liked to accent the roof line with the factory roof rails (euro) but they weren't an order option when I placed it. I see they are available to order now, but would be a retrofit (and expensive...didn't I see $500 / ea. on here?). The Vortex kit through the dealer isn't sparking my interest. Many seem to like the Oettinger kit (it is nice), but I'm checking out the the ABT air dam. It looks like an easy install and a bit of an effect for a reasonable price (they just won't be here for a while). I have enjoyed your comments about your experiences.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Looks right

Ever play golf? :-)

The glass is not tinted, or if it is it's whatever the slight % the factory makes it at. It needs to be a tad bit darker but I don't mind it too much. I've always been hesitant about doing aftermarket tint jobs.

As for the wheels, people probably either love 'em or hate 'em. I used to like the open look like the 5 spoke style but now I like the multispoke look. I'd love to see a set of BBS LMs on this car, that would look sweet. I personally felt the bi-colored 16-spoke wheels looked good with the silver metallic. They really do hide brake dust well which is really nice too. For factory rims I think they're great.

Like DaveNJ said, I always somehow choose silver over anything else. I love black but don't want the ultra high maintenance required to keep it looking good..right April? :-) I was afraid I'd get tired of white also even though it looks good.

You must be getting antsy waiting for you new car!
Old 05-28-2005, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Antsy?

Gave dealership the deposit last August..(knew this would be a winning auto). When pricing was announced everybody was thinking it was bit high, but now that people are taking delivery and seeing the merits and value (has anyone read a really bad review?) that seems less of an issue. Only golf with the wife on the odd weekend, saving something for retirement.
Old 05-28-2005, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Reviews pending..

No bad reviews to date. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the car rags with their opinions on the A3 like Road&Track, Car and Driver and Motor Trend. I know they've previewed it but haven't done a full fledged test and report.