Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Audi A3 1.6 2007 problems . Please help !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2021, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A3 1.6 2007 problems . Please help !!

Hello

A3 owner based in England, UK

I’m new to the forum so please forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong section

I have an Audi A3 1.6 petrol 2007 which I need some guidance with.

Owned for a couple years now and the other day it broke down on me. I was driving and it suddenly cut out. Started again straight away but had no power, the car literally wouldn’t move. EPC light flashed up with the stability light. Turned engine off and then it wouldn’t start again, so pushed onto side of the road

Tried to start several times but nothing, waited 20 mins. Car started straight away but cut out as soon as I went to move off so I then towed it to the garage

When at the garage we noticed the following symptoms on the car

1.Engine cranking but just not firing up due to no spark

2.Brakes lights were permanently on, as soon as you turn ignition on to try start - the brake lights stayed on

3.Cooling fan started running straight away as soon as ignition turned on

I left the car overnight as thought it would be best to put the diagnostic machine on it before doing any work. I went back the next day and the car started straight away, no lights on dash, brake light and cooling fan operating as they should. I left car running for about 30 mins and then drove locally for about a mile to see if the problem would occur again, but it never did

I drove it home about 6 miles 3 days later and car was perfect with no faults

I still believe the fault is still there and would rather rectify it before the car stops in the middle of the road again so if anyone could point me in the right direction then it would be much appreciated. I’m suspecting possible ECU fault or a possible relay issue.

I did put the car in diagnostics the next day when it was running ok and got the following codes

- P606 ECM/PCM processor - implausible signal

- P1291 ECT sensor- radiator outlet signal too low

- P0480 Cooling fan 1 control circuit

- P0571 cruise/brake switch A circuit malfunction

These faults all came under the engine system and this is with no warning lights on dash, I also had some faults in the brake system which may be related

- 01314 Engine control module (ecm)

- 00668 Vehicle voltage terminal 30

If anyone else has had these issues and could give me any information, then I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you everybody