Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Audi dealership insistence on "exceptional" feedback reports

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exactly. So why should my Audi service department be penalized...

because of the banality of the service performed. This is, I believe, the crux of the problem with these type of ratings systems. I believe BMW uses the same type of grading system.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:34 PM

Default its even worse then that.. I got called into the service office (worked there)

one day back in 00 or 01 because they got a bad rating from me on a service.

The car was registered to my moms name but the number was my cell and my car. I said I drove hte car and not her so I could answer they sent it in as unsatisfactory.

Little while later at next service they call for hte next service, I say again its my car, I drive it to work everyday I happened to have odne the service personally.. still said I couldn't answer the questions.. report goes in as less then satisfactory.

the system is ridiculously flawed and unfortunate that some dealers rely on it for a big part of employees paychecks.

I always told people to just say it was perfect when they call but still bitch to the dealer if you had a problem.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make it easy, just never respond.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I see... so if you wash their hands, they'll wash yours, eh?

The thing is... a regular servicing is no great feat. Exceptional? Unless they do a super detail job on the car afterwards and leave chocolate on the seats, it's going to be "Very Satisfied".

Now if I have an issue that they need to solve, they give me an A6 or S4 to drive until the next day, I get two status reports by phone on the progress, and when I come back the car is in pristine shape with the problem completely solved, I'd give "Exceptional." But I doubt they're going to do that...
Old 10-30-2007, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Based on the response here, I think we should all write to Audi and express our views.

I understand their desire to drive excellence in their ranks, but this inflated system is provoking them to harass customers and will ultimately backfire.

Rather than getting constant verbal reminders to "leave exceptional feedback", they need to hand out Audi corporate fliers upon start and end of service that point out their review system. This is just so that people are aware, without being pressured. The service should speak for itself.

One thing I'm going to recommend to Audi is to regrade their scales and to set an "exception" for routine service--there doesn't need to be an "exceptional" rating unless they are instructing their staff to do something that is indeed exceptional.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:16 AM

This system is the same as it always has been and is done by EVERY manufacture
Old 10-30-2007, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not the same with Porsche from what I've seen.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

But it is the same as with Mercedes and Jag and so on... Porsche's are special
Old 10-30-2007, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha well I don't know. Just saying BMW was the same however, so yeah probably common.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Fair enough but how would you respond to the person on the phone?

I tell then that I can't answer the survey because the dealer attempted to skew the results by insisting I give a specific answer.

(This activity renders the surveys meaningless. The only ones who really benefit from them are th4e survey companies, who should just accept bribes for "good" surveys, and take the pressure off the customers.)

Quick Reply: Audi dealership insistence on "exceptional" feedback reports