Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Audi Quality Assurance Phone Calls

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Quality Assurance Phone Calls

You know those phone calls you get after you take your car in for service?

Are they not the most annoying thing?

- First they continue to call relentlessly until you the do the survey. They are worse than debt collectors or at least on par.

- Second the questions are retarded/repetitive and accomplish nothing. Rating communication on that f%cking scale very unsatisfactory, unsatisfactory, satisfactory, somewhat satisfactory, very satisfactory, extremely satisfactory.

- Last they then repeat the scale over and over again and because they have to repeat it they do so at a nauseating speed like Mikey mouse on 30 cups of coffee.

I asked to please not repeat the scale over and over again if it had not changed but she said no and couldn't do that so I just couldn't take it and hung up.

I'm calling Audi of Canada tomorrow and complain. It's dumb stupid survey just provide stupid metrics so some f%cking VP gets some bonus.

Oh yeah who else gets the little reminder about the survey from the dealer and how anything less than a perfect gets them in trouble. I actually got a sheet once instructing me how to answer. Thought that was hilarious.

Ugh!
Old 11-21-2007, 03:20 AM

Default and it is NOT anonymous- when I tried to give thoughtful honest answers...

the dealer got all bent out of shape. Apparently, unlike the TRUE purpose of an assessment or survey,(to see what needs change and to change it so you do a better job) these guys use it to justify what they've been doing all along. Let AOA (or AOC) do a TRULY anonymous-to the dealer survey-I'll bet the results would be useful!!
Old 11-21-2007, 03:31 AM

The service advisors also get bonus based on your repsonses
Old 11-21-2007, 04:15 AM

Default agreed, not anonymous

they get feedback and it ends up in your service record for all to see. So if they get vindictive...
Old 11-21-2007, 06:08 AM

Default Re: Audi Quality Assurance Phone Calls

When I bought my car, the dealer made me sign a paper that explained the "how to answer" the survey. Since I really got an exceptional service, I answered accordingly, but AoC (or AoA) should know that their survey are less than scientific.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sadly the survey is not meant to solicit honest answers, since it is strictly for marketing

purposes via JD Power and the like. Anything less than perfect marks is a fail. People at the dealerships absolutely hate the survey too, and hate begging for answers when sometimes things beyond their control mess up the customer experience.

Dealerships are broken up into groups such as Northern California, and Southern California, etc. Additionally, scores are broken down into sales and service. Dealers are required to exceed a certain satisfaction score to be in the running for a quarterly bonus. The top three dealers (if that many meet the minimums) then split an ever changing monetary reward. Everybody at the dealership gets some portion of that money. By the time you get to salespeople and service advisors, it's not very much, but it's better than a kick in the teeth.

If you want to provide feedback to the dealership, then write a short letter and send it to the appropriate persons (GM - general manager, GSM - general sales manager, SM - service manager, dealer principle - owner of dealership). They may or may not be receptive, but it's more effective than trying to be honestly communicative on what the entire car industry knows is a bogus survey.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:02 AM

Then the choice is perfect score or be unavailable to answer I don't want to punish this dealer-yet.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:58 AM

Let's hear it for Caller ID. I'm "never" home [g].
Old 11-21-2007, 10:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: and it is NOT anonymous- when I tried to give thoughtful honest answers...

The same thing happened to me. Some of my answers were "Satisfactory" because... they honestly were. Well the next time I take the car in to replace a part, the service rep start to give me crap about why I didn't answer "Excellent." It was a really awkward situation. Isn't the point of these survey's to gauge how they're doing and not bully customers into answering "excellent?"
Old 11-21-2007, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Audi Quality Assurance Phone Calls

I can't wait until they survey ME!

Car's been in the shop for most of 5 week so far. Now they've decided to replace the head on the assumtion the valve stam seals are leaking slightly. ie; just enough to throw mis-fires for the first 5 seconds on a cold start...
I told Audiusa tha I want it replaced...

we'll see what happens.

aside from that: happy turkey day everyone!

Quick Reply: Audi Quality Assurance Phone Calls