Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

? best deal and dealer in Boston Area?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? best deal and dealer in Boston Area?

So, who to buy from and how much to pay?
Old 01-24-2007, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Avoid Ira in Danvers!

Dishonest sales practices and the service leaves a bit to be desired as well.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Danvers Service...

Would mind elaborating on the service in Danvers...I am considering changing service from my dealer (Clair Audi) to Danvers for convenience and would like to know why this may be a mistake...
Old 01-24-2007, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default my experience

Ask over on the NE forum, and you'll get at least one person who hates each dealer and one person who likes them. But, still not a bad place to ask.

Ira- Had a bad experience with their sales guys. Even though they had the exact car I wanted, I didn't feel like dealing with them. I felt like I was buying a Oldsmobile.

Pass & Weicz (sp?)- They were good in the pre-sales process, but at the time, had one A3 on the lot, it wasn't what I was looking for, and I didn't have time to order one. They're right down the street from me, so I should probably start taking the car there for service.

Bernardi- have purchased a car from them in the past, and they had almost the exact A3 I was looking for on the lot. Sales process was straight-forward, and I paid exactly what I was planning on paying. Course, this was at the end of 05 and they had a bunch of A3s that had been sitting on the lot for a while (I think mine sat on the lot for 3 months). Don't know if this is still the case.
I've had my car serviced there a number of times already. Twice for scheduled maintenance. Twice for a CEL. The CEL ended up with them having the car for 10 days. The communication from them was very good in the whole process, and I had a brand new A4 loaner for the duration of the service.

Audi of Nashua- Haven't dealt with them, but I do know that they support a number AW GTGs and ACNA events.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:48 PM

Wow! So many choices! We are stuck with ONE Audi dealer in Vegas. Talk about a monopoly
Old 01-24-2007, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default No good experiences yet...

Dealt with horrible salemen at Ira, Clair, and Bernardi when I was shopping for an A3. Basically when it became apparent I wanted an A3, the impression I got was that they could have cared less. So much so that I ended up buying mine private sale, very lightly used, and saved a ton in the process. I'm coming up on my 15k now, hoping that Bernardi will redeem themselves on the service end.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Avoid Ira in Danvers!

Ordered both an 05 A4 Avant, and 07 A3 from here. Happy to strike a balance on the purchase price above invoice, short circuiting the majority of the negotiation process. About 85% happy with sales.

The service has wildly fluctuated, with the current suggestion that I learn to live with squealing brakes from 5000mi onward, as that is apparently "typical of all Audis with metallic brakes." My A4 does not squeal, and I am not thrilled with the prospect of squealing toward summer.

Are there any practical solutions for chronically squealing brakes (between 5mph and stop) following the 5000mi service?

Thanks.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

There's like 3-4 other dealers in the area, only mentioned the ones I know anything about.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Danvers Service...

I have brought my car there several times for service (purchased the car there too), everytime I feel like I'm beig treated like a second class citizen. The say they'll call when it's done, never do, if it's a multi day repair (they needed parts twice when i brought it in) they've said one day, that day comes and go and I have to call them to find out why they didn't call to tell me it wasn't going to be ready. The broke my engine cover, then superglued it together. Forgot a screw on the intake tract. And the first time i had my sunshade replaced they removed the headliner and I swear a blind man put it back in, it wasn't attached in three places, hanging down in the middle and bunched up on one side. I could go on, but you get the idea.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Not off to a good start...

Just made my first appointment with Bernardi... apparently they don't do loaner cars. Even my VW dealer offered courtesy vehicles. Strike 2.

Quick Reply: ? best deal and dealer in Boston Area?