Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Bring the S3 to the states! (long)

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-1999, 07:07 AM
Patty Smith

Default Bring the S3 to the states! (long)

For those of you who are SINCERELY interested and are really capable of purchasing such a car, let's start getting out collective poop in a group and get the writ in's going. Any really eloquent speakers out there who can draft a petition for us to print/sign and send to Audi(by Email or conventional means). To any dealers who are reading this who are intereted in holding deposits in escrow or some other financial instrument and issuing sale contracts for the purchase of an S3, please respond. Let's find out how many people are REALLY and SINCERELY interested and ready to do this. Feel free to write to me directly at my Email address. Do sent off to Audi/Germany at the official Audi World website for the S3 brochure, it has a great deal of good info in it. They WILL send them to you at no charge. Let's get going. Any comments, both positive and negative, are welcome. Also feel free to reference any info for the undertaking.

I contacted Sun International, a registered automotive importer and compliance specialty company in regards to the "doability" of bringing in the S3 and for a single example of the car it is not really financially practical to do this. With a realistic and sincere idea of how many people may be ready to pony up the money to do this they may be interested in working with us, if there is sufficient volume for their needs. The higher the volume, the greater the bast in which to spread out the compliance costs and the lower the price per unit. But this route of getting the car would still be quite a bit more expensive than Audi doing the financially smart thing and selling the car here in the first place.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, ya'll. Take care.

Patty Smith
Old 12-24-1999, 08:23 AM
ravenx

Default Great Enthusiasm

I've been reading your postings for a while and am really amazed by the commitment you have shown in order to bring an S3 to the States. I do own a black S3 and reading you makes me realise how much that car means to me. If there is anything I can do to help your cause, just drop me a line. I hope you get what you want in the end. You deserve it.

Regards,

ravenx
'00 Black S3
Old 12-24-1999, 09:12 PM
Cameron

Default I emailed you a couple comments on this one, pls respond via email - or IM me (nt)

nt
Old 12-25-1999, 05:48 AM
Patty Smith

Default Re: Great Enthusiasm

Ravenx:

Thanks for your response. An S3 in black is what i would like. If you could send a email to Audi at: www.audiusa.com and also to www.audi.de/index_enhtml (Audi/Germany) and tell 'em what we WANT here that would be helpful. They are ignoring a large market here. The U.S.A. seems now to be a dumping ground for watered down versions of some of the cars available on the world market.

You are fortunate to have an S3. Enjoy it and take care. Thanks again for your response.

Patty
Old 12-30-1999, 08:56 PM
a4 in RI

Any estimates of US cost??????? $$$$$$
Old 12-31-1999, 07:54 AM
Patty Smith

Default Re: I emailed you a couple comments on this one, pls respond via email - or IM me (nt)

Cameron:

Hi, sorry for the delay. I am on the road way too much.My A4 is 5 months old and has 16k miles!
i am still trying to figure out how to do something about the lack of am S3 here. Planning to spend some time and develope a petition to get filled out by seriously interested people and send to Audi. I will try to find a place to have the petition available for download if possible so people can add their namesand addresses easily. Also I will ask all the major Magazines to carry the petition or a reference to the location people can find it. There is no doubt what so ever in my mind that Audi can sell many thousand units the first year alone here in the US.Also, I am researching Audi and if it is a publicly traded company(issues stock). As such stock holders have voting rights and can attend stockholders meetings and bring issues to open vote or Items of concern to the other stockholders awareness. I will try to keep my work in a file I can freely send to anyone concerned and interested. Do send for a brochure from Audi/Germany and write WWW.audiusa.com and send your comment to them if you already hav'nt. I am serious in doing what I can to get this matter resolved to OUR satisfaction and need all the help I can get. I don't have a web page yet but may need to do so. Thanks for your email and DO keep in touch and share your or others ideas. Let's Do It!!!!

Patty Smith
Old 01-06-2000, 12:40 PM
Kevin in AK

Default Audi/VW relationship

I think one of the obstacles in bringing Audi models over is the relationship with VW. I have been dying to get a Passat with Synchro, as it is a bit roomier than the A4. I waited and waited as I heard the release date put on hold time and time again. After a year, I was told by VW USA they would not send it to the States.

Reason? Priced significantly less than a A4 quattro, it would eat into A4 sales too much.

It seems they are really concerned about balancing the sales of Audi and VW, and try and keep the appearance of Audi as a step up form VW in luxury, performance etc., when at times (Passat/a4) there is little differences between certain models.

My guess is that the A3/S3 would not fit the role of what Audi/VW USA have in mind for the image, and would eat into Golf/GTI sales too much.

Too bad, because we are often given excluded from having great cars.

Kevin
1990 Black Quattro Coupe