Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Comfort module adaptations (windows alarm etc)

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comfort module adaptations (windows alarm etc)

Ok found my little notepad (while looking for my big one) with all my notes on the different control module adjustments. Some of the other ones could potentially be dangerous like shutting off airbags or adjusting ABS sensitivity so I will leave those up to you to find and experiment with. Since these are safe and people keep asking here are a few to play with for now.

All of these are done in the comfort control module. So with Vag-com or the dealer scan tool go into control module 46

Once in there its a good idea to check your codes make sure there are no problems. In the past to make these changes you recoded your control module. These are much more straight forward and require no math.

Go into Adaption channels.

Once in there you will see 4 fields across the top. These will give you a brief description of what each channel is and a simple binary 0 for off 1 for on so it is very straight forward.

To enter a channel look at the boxes below enter the channel you want and press read, it will then read what that channel is set at default.I wil do my best to list what each one is and what it does (or what I think it does if I have not tested)

to change the setting go to the box next to test, enter a number and hit test. If it allows it to change it will show up in current but not in saved. To save it select save and it will now be your setting.

channel 01 Fields say key and 1, this should mean that you are using key number 1.. nothing you can change here

channel 03 Field say open single door. Default is 0 for all doors unlock at once. Change to 1 and drivers door will open with one press of unlock on the remote, two clicks whithin usually a few seconds and all doors will unlock.

Channel 04 Auto unlock. Field says Auto unlock On default is 1 Change to 0 and field will change to auto unlock off and doors will now remain locked when key is removed.

Channel 05 Auto lock Field says Auto lock on default is 1 Change to 0 and field will change to auto lock off and doors will not not auto lock when car is moving.

Channel 07 Field says unlock remote blink default is 1. Change to 0 and field will say unlock remote off (I think) and it will not blink at unlock w/ remote.

Channel 08 Field says Unlock key blink default is 1. Change to 0 and field will say unlock key off (I think) and it will not blink at unlock w/ remote.

channel 10 Field says locked key blink default is 1. Change to 0 and field will say locked key off (I think) and it will not blink when locked w/ key.

Channel 11 Field says locked key blink default is 1. Change to 0 and field will say locked key off(I think) and it will not blink when locked w/ key.

channel 12 field says safe blink default is 1... no clue what it does when off

channel 13 Field says adjust alarm horn 3 Default is 3. Could be changed from 2 or 3 only if I recall. Did not test what it did.

Channel 14 Field says tilt sensor 100% default is 200. lowered to 190 and it lowered the % however it got stuck at this for several minutes and attempts to return to 200. Never tested exactly what it did but finally got it back to 100%

Channel 16 Field says alarm horn monitor enlarged default is 5. Could be changed up and down from there. Did not test what this changed.

Channel 17 Field says comfort remote off default is 0 change to 1 for windows up and down with the remote

channel 18 field says alarm delay something(can't read my writing) on default is 1 change to 0 field says alarm delay something off. This is what it is an alarm delay. I tested it and if you arm the alarm with the windows down and open teh door in the first few seconds the alarm does not go off. If you wait it will go off. So if you set it to 0 then you will have no delay.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:39 PM

Default This should be added to some FAQ somewhere.

good stuff.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default I have been searching for this information...

Thanks PD !!!

The only change I would make from this list is the single press of the remote's "unlock" button to open just the driver's door, and two presses to open all doors. Don't understand why Audi would have it this way for all but the A3, when it doesn't need to be.

Do you have any idea if daytime running lights can be programmed ?
Old 06-07-2005, 04:09 AM

Default DRLs would more then likely be in some sort of switch or relay

Nothing that I have found while scanning seemed to be able to switch them on.

You should do the window one also (17) very conventient.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Don't forget, on VW

you have to replace the headlight switch with the Euro model to get rid of DRLs.

On BMWs, it's programmable. On Saabs, you pull a fuse.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:26 AM

Default you don't have to replace the switch people just do it

so that the parking lights work seperate from the standard lights.

Many people just cut the wire to the relay behind the switch and the DRLs are gone but all the ligths function 100%
Old 06-09-2005, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Any adjustments possible on DSG shift logic ???

Normal mode is just too much of an economy mode... granny-shift logic. Sport mode is great every once in awhile, but would kill you on gas mileage if used all the time.

If the Normal mode could just be adjusted to down-shift when revs hit about 1800 rpm or so, I would change it in a heartbeat. I have found that DSG-Normal will let the engine get down to almost 1200 rpm in some cases. It just feels like the engine is lugging.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:43 AM

Default No idea as I do not have a DSG to test things

My friend is a tech at a dealer and he was at school for the A3 this week. Lost his number when I got a new phone last nite so I called the dealer to tell him to give me a call .. I'll ask him when I hear from him.