Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Dutch / UK Import Problems - Recipe for Disaster

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2000, 02:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dutch / UK Import Problems - Recipe for Disaster

Anyone else having delay problems importing an S3 through Dutch dealer? - Ade?!

RECIPE FOR FRUSTRATION:

Take one confirmed order placed in March.

Add deposit (generosity with this ingredient is required).

Place order in Queue for six months.

Check recipe once more as ingredients seem to have changed between 2000 and 2001.

Go back to old recipe as no-one can confirm or deny changes in ingredients.

Remove from oven in build week of 23rd September.

Garnish with surpise when Dutch Dealer Importer cannot tell Dealer where car is, if it exists or what time of day it is.

Allow to cool (down) and then vent frustration with Dealer once more.

Serve with extreme bitterness accompanied with a bad taste in mouth.
Old 10-20-2000, 06:37 AM
ade

Default ...the pudding better be worth it !

Mine is exactly the same ingredients apart from I know where the car is but I have paid for it (in full).

Delivery estimated date 18/10/00 car has been sat outside German dealer since 12th !
Now I have to wait for 2-3 weeks for UK importer to get the car... I would go on myself however I am too busy at work.

Bloody anoying thats all I can say,- roll-on xmas
Old 10-20-2000, 12:06 PM

Default recipe tasted good

I imported through an dutch audi dealer and had no problems at all, I orderd in january and got delivery early august, a long wait but the dealer was only a week out with the time to collect my s3. I managed to secure additional discounts from the dealeron ordering and was suprised to find that the rrp in holland had increased by an additional 800 gilders by the time of collection however the dealer discounted this off my original price so I paid no extra, Overall bying in holland coudnt of been simpiler and I would recomend any one to try it, although with new uk pricing the saveings are alot less.
Old 10-20-2000, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Dutch / UK Import Problems - Recipe for Disaster

James,

My problems match yours almost exactly, except that I've got a T Sport on order from Denmark.

I got a letter from my supplier, last Thursday, informing me the car would be with the dealer on Friday and could they have £15k from me ASAP!

The hard bit done, I got a fax on Monday with the chassis number..get insurance sorted out. All good so far...phone conversation on Tuesday...car can be deliverd to my door by next Wednesday. I call them today to confirm delivery date...they won't know until next Wednesday!!

What's happening..I thought the car has been available a week...they talk to the broker (who they no longer use) and try to confirm the position. Apparently the car only arrived at the dealer today!!!

Yet again...I'm being skrewed around. I'm prepared to sit it out. But am getting pissed off..especially as they are sitting on my money.

I certainly won't recommend either the Web company I ordered the car through or the broker to anyone. I feel bitterness too.

Jon