Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Epc and Engine Light, ran rough now doesn't start at all.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2022, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Epc and Engine Light, ran rough now doesn't start at all.

A couple weeks ago on my 2006 A3 with the 2.0tsfi out of nowhere my epc light came on and the car started bogging down at 2000 rpm and kept backfiring. I couldn't go over 10 mph so I limped it home and couldn't find any external issues that would have caused it. I ran my codes and it came back with 8 different ones these being (p2127, p0652, p1098, p0190, p2539, p0113, p0118, and p0343). These codes made it seem that throttle position sensor has low input, low sensor voltage, potentiometer for intake circuit short, fuel rail pressure sensor A fail, low pressure fuel system sensor fail, intake air temp sensor circuit high, engine coolant temp sensor circuit high and Cam position sensor circuit high. I started by replacing my battery, MAP and MAF sensors as well as the fuel pressure sensor and had no luck. I also changed the cam and crank sensors and that didnt help either. After none of that fixed anything I replaced my high pressure fuel pump and after replacing that the car wouldn't start at all. So I dug out my Ecm and got it tested and there was no problem there. I replaced my low pressure fp and the module as well as the fuel filter and I still have no start. Im really at a loss at this point. My intake flaps are working as they should same with my throttle body. I did a compression test and it all checked out. Each cylinder is getting fuel and spark but it refuses to fire it just cranks. I have no idea where to go next for this issue. If anyone can give me some insight Id really appreciate it.