Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Fitting Sony CD Changer to Audi A3

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitting Sony CD Changer to Audi A3

I've got a Sony CDX-T69 to add to my '99 Audi A3 Sport. I just have a question about mounting it. There's available space in the left hand compartment where the bus lead. Just not sure about drilling for the mounting brackets. There's a black plastic thing with a fan in it - looks a bit like a computer that the CD Changer can sit on. Is that what you need to attach the CD Changer to? Has anybody fitted a CD Changer to an A3 before? Any help would really be appreciated
Thanks

Paul
Old 01-29-2003, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Fitting Sony CD Changer to Audi A3

I have a factory fitted one, and it attatches to that box via a metal bracket - I thought that the box your talking about was a bass speaker (small one) - are you sure there is a fan in it?
Old 01-29-2003, 01:11 AM

Yes this is where my Auto changer is fitted. The black box is a the standand subwoofer. Are you connecting the Sony to your Audi head? If so what leads are you using
Old 01-29-2003, 01:12 AM

It could be a bass speaker, its all black with a silver circular thing at the back of it. Not sure about drilling into it though. Might have to go for a double-sided sticky tape option!
Old 01-29-2003, 06:37 AM

did you use connects2 adapter like i did? i use velcro to attach the changer on to the black box (it's a 8" woofer, not a fan. the grille looks like a fan, but it isn't)
Old 01-29-2003, 02:17 PM

Yes i've ordered the connects2 adaptor via Halfords. I've read that you have to disconnect the battery first before connecting it. Only concern is that I don't have the security code as it was handily removed from the stereo manual by the previous owner. I've read on these forums that the code is on the white sticker in the boot by the spare wheel, but I suspect that that number is the weight of the car. Mine is 1206 for an A3 sport, anybody else able to verify if the number on the white sticker actually matches their stereo code?

Also to Phat Rims: did you buy the velcro for fastening it seperately else where? Any help you can give me is appreciated.
Old 01-29-2003, 11:27 PM

I bought the same kit from Halfords, and had the free fitting from the AA. They fixed it with sticky foam pads on top of the woofer. The padding gives it slightly more vibration protection. They did have to disconnect the battery though, because they had come across problems before when they hadn't.
Old 01-30-2003, 05:40 AM

yup...bought it on my own. i use a thick one because i don't want it to shake much.

sorry i can't give you any other info, i had the audio guy installed it. did'nt have a digital cam back then, so no pics...

as for the security code, can't you just ask the audi dealer about it? surely they had the data in their database
Old 01-30-2003, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Mines fitted on top of the bass box too (fan lol.. he he.. sorry), I have stuck it down with a double sided stick tape from the numberplate section at halfords.

But my changer is a Panasonic one though, I went for it over the Sony T69 as the Panasonic had a 10 sec anti shock memory.. never ever had a skip or jump in the 6 months I have used it for!

Old 01-30-2003, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

And with my panasonic CD changer, when I fitted it, I didn't disconnect the battery, I did read somewhere that I had to, but tried it with out and it worked fine...

Quick Reply: Fitting Sony CD Changer to Audi A3