Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Fuel Pressure Problem (Car stalls after starting)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2024, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2016BlackS3
this is interesting, I have a 2016 S3 which started stalling at start-up last May. It will start if I press the gas peddle a little bit while starting the car. This happens after I've been driving the car, and it's been sitting a bit. I replaced the coil packs and plugs last summer and thought the issue was solved, then almost a year to the day later it started happening again. I guess I'll check the fuel rail pressure sensor.
I've been having this exact issue. Did replacing the sensor fix the problem?
Old 05-18-2024, 08:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Turbocharged_GC
I've been having this exact issue. Did replacing the sensor fix the problem?
I haven't replaced it yet. Of course since I posted it stopped happening so I'm being lazy about fixing it now.
Old 06-29-2024, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2009 Audi 2.0L TFSI Quattro

Originally Posted by cbarts
Having this same issue - car went to shop 3 times. Same story - replaced low pressure & high pressure pump. Issue was still occurring. After engine was hot (20-30 mins of highway driving) parked for 30-40 minutes. Car would start but then stall within 10-15 seconds. Would take about 30 mins for it to start and run normally. Never had issues while driving, only after warm start.

Took the car in again last week and reproduced the issue for the mechanic.

They diagnosed a bad fuel injector which after running hot was spraying fuel into one of the cylinders essentially flooding it.

Getting the cylinders cleaned and fuel injectors replaced next week. Will report back but the mechanic is very confident this will resolve the issue.
The issue seemed to be resolved but unfortunately showed up again about 6 weeks later. Took the car on multiple long drives and had no issues with warm stalls until yesterday. Same symptoms. When it is about to stall giving extra throttle does nothing. Only solution is to wait another 20-30 minutes and the car will eventually start and run fine.

Back to the mechanic. Should I suggest the spark plugs/fuel rail pressure sensor and throttle body sensor? Not sure what else to do. Been three years of this issue on and off.