Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Has any one been locked out of thier A3?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 09:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happened to me on side of freeway. Saw 5-week old kitten on k-bar guardrail of elevated freeway by LAX. Stopped car in very dangerous spot, left it running because I knew when I came back it would be time to book outta there. I rescued kitten, sprinted back to car (bitten and pissed upon), only to find it running and locked. Thank god window was cracked enough to wiggle an arm in and tap unlock button. Kitten freaking out, traffic going 70mph a foot and a half behind me, and locked out. I was livid. Dealer gave me same 'that is a feature, not a bug, and we can't change it' crap. One of many issues they failed on. Next to selling me a new car that wasn't street legal due to no provision for a front plate and blowing me off, and their fail on diagnosis of camshaft follower (much less remediation), the door lock debacle was a little thing. Combined, I've decided they won't touch this car again. Going to do timing belt, water pump, etc., and camshaft follower this weekend. I'll be greasy and pissed off, but the 2k I'll save and the satisfaction of cutting them out of the loop will be worth it. Cheers.