Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Help with Coolant Hose ID

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 11:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Coolant Hose ID

I came home from vacation to find my coolant had dumped. I found the culprit but have been unsuccessful in determining the correct hose.

I have a 97’ A3 (8L) 1.8T.

The hose connects to the to the front of the engine on the rail under the fuel injectors and between the dipstick and thermostat. It wraps around to the left, looking at engine, to topside between engine and coolant reservoir. It then converts down to a metal hose and disappears behind the engine.

The German AUDI guys weren’t able to help based on my photos and lack of ability to speak German.

If if you can help out, that would be great. I spent $20 in coolant trying to limp my car to work yesterday, 12 miles.

Here you can see the hose, **** taped, between the dipstick and thermostat.

It wraps up and left and is set in a rubber grip as the hose continues to the back of the motor where it converts to a metal hose, assuming a pressure line???

Hose topside between motor and coolant reservoir. Front of engine connection is towards bottom left, it drops off into the next photo view.

Here is where the hose drops to rear of motor and converts to metal hose.

If anyone can assist in naming this hose, I would greatly appreciate it and will send you a fine Belgian beer. I will wrap that beer in 2 diapers and mail it to you, I promise!
Old 05-07-2019, 11:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BONUS

If you know where I can locate the part online, I will send an additional beer. The 0.75L, not the regular beer size.