Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Ice Silver 08 pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ice Silver 08 pics

Hello I am in the market for an 08 A3 and was wondering if anyone had any pics of this "new for 08" color. I have done some searching and just cant seem to find them.(Just the older Silver color) The pics from Audi USA site are abysmal. The real reason for this is that I am also very interested in the Titanium Package and would like to be able to visualize what the gun metal finish of the Ti package wheels would look like. Anyone have any opinions about those wheels in this color. I guess I might just end up going with Lava Grey (the wheels look great in that color)but would prefer a lighter color than that.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:54 PM

Default fairfield motor cars had one on their site

definitely not as silver as my silver<ul><li><a href="http://fairfieldmotorcars.com/New-Inventory.aspx?InventoryId=21915277">ice</a></li></ul>
Old 01-14-2008, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Wow, that's beautiful. Looks almost like the special order color Suzuka Gray
Old 01-14-2008, 05:44 PM
JDM
AudiWorld Member

Default I don't think that is ice silver.

I think it is the TT suzuka gray like you said.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:13 PM

Default Ice silver isn't much different than last year's Brilliant (or whatever) silver...

It's a bit purer, more silvery white, but close enough that they're hard to tell apart unless you have 2 cars side by side, or are very familiar with the colors. Certainly not as gray as the pic above appears.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:21 PM

Default Re: fairfield motor cars had one on their site

Well JimV that's definitely the same crappy picture that you find on Audi USA website, but luckily for me I can just drive the 35 min to Audi of Fairfield and check it out. Thank you very much for pointing the Fairfield website out to me. They have two in their inventory at the moment. I didn't realize that if you go to the Fairfield Motors website and not Audi of Fairfield website that you can check out new inventory. A little OT but have you had experience with this dealer in the past. Are they pretty good people. Anyone have some thoughts on Ti wheels with a silver car.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:35 PM

Default got all my Audi's there

my dealer retired a year ago so I went with a new one on my '07 A3. I got it in July when they had the -$1500 deal. $250 over invoice - $1500 so it was $1250 under invoice. 98 A4 I got for $500 over invoice and thats when the car was really hot. The 06 Avant I got at invoice and it was a lease.

They'll definitely deal and since A3's arent that popular around here, they want to move them. Im going to be there Friday for my 5K service. They just redid their service center across the RR tracks from the old showrookm so I think they moved their sales there until they rebuild the showroom which they tore down a few months ago. Supposedly really nice. They used to keep their warehouse of porsche's, mercedes and Audi's there and now its their service center. Its HUGE. Great fun to walk through 100's of porsches indoors. Doubt its still like that though.

Their website is decent for searching the new and used inventory. They also leave a list at reception that you can browse before you talk to anyway. Wish I could point you to Rich Caplan but as I said, he retired. I worked with a woman who was pretty decent, now her name escapes me.

Sorry about the pic. I couldnt find one on Google or Yahoo images either. Crazy that its nowhere to be had. So I guess its funny you live nearby that you can just cruise over there.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:52 PM

Default Re: got all my Audi's there

Well it sounds as if though there are good deals to be had there. I live closer to Audi of Wallingford which I swear only ever has Lava Grey in stock, but it wont be that hard to fly down to Fairfield and check that color out. Thanks a lot for the dealer description. It was quite funny that you posted a link to a dealer within 30 miles of my house.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:00 PM

Default as for the others

-Fairfield has the best reputation in the area.
-Greenwich does not even with New Country owning them. They dont deal and their service can be hit or miss, usually miss.
-Danbury has a middle of the road reputation.
-Westchester I personally have had bad bad bad experiences with service there (I know, shouldve stayed w/FFld but I lived nearby at the time).
Am not familiar with Wallingford.

The thing with the A3 is they are hard to find around here and even Fairfield will tell you they are pushing everyone to A4's. People who come in to buy A3's really want them so sometimes they will deal less. I first went there tryng to buy and there were no deals. The interest rate was high and if you lease, the residual kills you. If you intend to buy you'll have a better chance. I actually got financing with someone other than Audi because I got an interest point less than Audi.

Anyway, at least they have some more cars to look at. Two suggestions. Check out the NY/CT forum for other peoples experiences and if you do intend to buy, you may buy from Wallingford and have them source the car from fairfield for you. This way the service is done by the dealer you bought from and you can get loaner cars and some better treatment than being an 'outsider'.

Im sure fairfield would be happy to let an A3 go on a trade or buy through wallingford. They do it all the time. My car was originally in Rhode Island supposedly but they traded it with them. Dont know why, but thats what happened before I ever layed eyes on it. i guess A3's dont sell in RI.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Not doing it for me, looks like battleship gray. Most likely better in person

Quick Reply: Ice Silver 08 pics