Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

If Audi really trolls here then hear this.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If Audi really trolls here then hear this.....

bring the freaking A3 3 door with 3.2L VR6 to the United States of America --- the greatest land in the world! Please bring it here! It is a beautiful car with so much potential in this wonderful market. Forget the R32. I don't want another VW, don't make me buy that ancient looking platform. Bring the 3 door A3 here! I would even take the 2.slow FSI turbo! come on... email me please!!!
Old 12-30-2003, 08:59 AM
MML
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Audi should bring the 3 door and 5 door. I think there is a market here

for those cars. I think one of Audi's weaknesses is that they are too slow to react. Slow to bring a smaller car to the US like Mercedes did with the coupe. Slow to upgrade the 1.8T or 3.0 in the heavier B6 chassis. Etc...
Old 12-30-2003, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Yeah Audi what happened to Never Follow....

time to step up and be a leader. Take some chances. The A3 is a beautful looking car. Much nicer than the Mercedes. I think there is a market here for it. I mean they already build it for other parts of the world. To make a US version shouldn't be to complicated. At least give it a shot. The 5 door may be nice but come on we need a 3 door. A nice upscale GTI is how I look at it. Maybe they are afraid of taking sales away from the GTI? But seriously who cares. They are still two separate car companies. Hence the Phaeton and the A8! The Passat and A4. The Passat 1.8T is now offered with 4-Motion in the US. The R32 is coming to the US. Why not the A3 3 door. Sorry for my rambling but I am angry
Old 12-30-2003, 11:39 PM

A3 is on its way dont know what motor it will have
Old 12-31-2003, 02:07 PM
MML
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default You are correct. Audi should do the A3 in the 3 door. The Golf can

be front wheel drive and the Audi all wheel drive. The Golf entry level and the A3 upscale. Why not?? VW and Audi compete against each other with many different models. They are just a little different. I say bring both the 3 door and the 5 door and let people have options. I think many consumers would love to buy this car. A little cheaper than an A4, maybe a little sportier and agresive, slightly smaller etc.. Bring them both Audi!!
Old 01-02-2004, 09:41 AM

Default Re: You are correct. Audi should do the A3 in the 3 door. The Golf can

I say.... if you don't bring the A3 with a TDI I'm going to buy a HONDA just to spite you! I don't really like the way the Golf V looks especially the rear end. The A3 is 1000 times better looking! No comparison! AND, I haven't heard ANYONE say they don't LOVE the looks of the A3, but I've heard 1000's say the Golf V looks like Shiet!

If no TDI is offered, I will not buy one, however it looks SO GOOD and I'm so much in love with the A3, it almost makes me think twice about a damn gasser! Shame on that!!!
Old 01-02-2004, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Yes! but....

I will never buy a Honda! Why do you want a diesel so bad? Do you have a Tdi golf right now? I don't think we will see the Tdi model unless Audi is planning on bringing them over in the A4 as well. Who knows maybe the 5 door will look good. In any case they 3 door should come because Audi already has the A4 avant here. I would like a 3.2L Imola Yellow 6spd 3 door A3. Black interior, with sport seats! I am drewling at the thought! Come on Audi!
Old 01-03-2004, 09:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Yes! but....

You guys could always import one from Europe, couldn't you?

Would be very exclusive!
Old 01-03-2004, 11:08 AM

Default Re: Yes! but....

Importing one from Europe is NEVER as easy as it sounds
Old 01-04-2004, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Importing one would be insane.....

many things would have to be changed around the meet emissions. Also aftermarket parts would have to be imported and who knows what kind of support local tuning shops could give me. Ocean freight and duty would also be a bitch. I don't think Audi of America could even order one for you. I guess I will just have to wait.

Quick Reply: If Audi really trolls here then hear this.....