Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Just playing....

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 06:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just playing....

I was out early this morning on the streets of Memphis on the way to a gig. I had my windows up, radio and A/C on. I wasn't looking to run; although its been quite some time since I've really raced someone.

Anyway, I get to the stoplight in the pole position waiting for the light to turn green. I look in my rearview mirror and I notice two sets of headlights coming up fast behind me. A small black on black tinted out truck pulls beside me. He had an exhaust and was revving. A small red car was beside his truck.

Well, I had my V1 scanning ahead...all clear. My ESP turned off (always, unless inclement weather...never know when I might have to throw down The light turns green and I open the 3 up...the headlights fade fast in the distance before I get to the next stoplight. I'm at the next light, pole positioned again, waiting for it to turn green. The small red car fell away. The guy in the small black truck hadn't got the message yet or just couldn't believe what he saw.

The light turned green just as the small black truck rolled up and I hadn't even got out of 1st. He got a small jump on me but it didn't last long because when I made 2nd gear and was shifting to 3rd...his headlights were fading again

I slow rolled up to next stoplight. The guy in the small black truck pulled beside me while I slow rolled. He waved for me to let my window down; I did. He said, "Damn, man your shifts are perfect. I know where you could race and win $600. Do you race very much?"

I told him, "Nope, I was just playing"

The light turned green...I open up the 3 one last time for show