Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Lights weirdness

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2000, 07:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lights weirdness

Parked up my car last night to pop into a shop. Turned the lights off and opened the door, when the lights on buzzer sounded. That's weird I thought. Turned the lights on and off again. Buzzer till sounded. Got out of the car and the side light and rear light were still on on one side. Weird, I thought again. Popped into the shop still thinking about it, slowly filling with dread realising it is two days before Christmas and I due to leave the car at the airport for nine days on Boxing day. WHen I got back into the car to drive home and switched back on, I realised what the problem was; my indicator was on! Whichever side the indicator was left on, the side lights (front and rear) stay on even when the lights and ignition are off.

Weird? Or is this what should happen. Haven't checked to see what it says in the manual or if I can do it again. Not happened in any other car I've driven. Hope it's not an impending fault.

Whatever, Happy Christmas everybody. See you in the New Year
Old 12-24-2000, 11:06 AM
ade

Default don't worry... they are called parking lights

ie: when you have parked on left hand side of road to get lottery tickets leave right hand side lights on to warn on-coming traffic.

Your lights are normal... if you want an example of weird lights speak to James Tate, he is not having much luck with his S3 maybe he has the same box pluged into the CPU as on my flashing Xmas tree lights.... cool !

Ade

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY :-)
Old 12-24-2000, 04:04 PM

Default Ade is right

If the street you parked your car is not well lit and if your car is either the first or the last car on the side you have parked, you should leave the lights away from the pavement on to inform the other users that your car is there and how wide it is.

You should definitely do this if you car is a dark colour like mine.

But beware, your battery might run out if you leave them on for too long. Mine did once Silly me!

Merry Christmas everyone! And hope we all have a great holiday season