Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Looking at a deal on Koni coilovers. Need advice quick!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at a deal on Koni coilovers. Need advice quick!

-Never having owned coilovers, i'm rather hesitant to say the least at spending the amount of money they cost on them. I live just outside of Boston now and realized....that adjustability is something I cannot live without.

-Guess i should note that i do have a 4-post lift in my garage with a detached under and built in jack stands...so changing this/installing this will be no problem at all.

-Found a pretty slammin deal in my opinion from an online vendor that several of my car group members have used with great results.

-They have a set of Koni Coilovers for the A3 with a thrown in Neuspeed 25mm Rear Sway bar for $1050 shipped. Sounds too good to be true I know...but it's the real deal, they finally got them back in stock, and considering putting in my order tomorrow...after i hit the bank to deposit some funds.

-So with that said...i think i just read on a site that the rear coils can only drop 30mm max?! and the fronts can drop 60mm max (which I like ":-)" ). So is this accurate, the Koni's can only drop 30mm in the back. Never owning coilovers before i'm wondering if this is significant on the A3 to allow for about a 1 finger gap between the fender and wheel (what i'd like to achieve).

-As always, any input is greatly appreciated, the faster though the better.

-For $1050 shipped with a 25mm Neuspeed Rear Sway bar thrown in....seems really hard to turn it down. I read up a little on the coilovers the past couple days and see that people are using them in Auto-X more and more because they have so many adjustment levels. So any advice with help.

-Think of it this way...my money is in your hands...now help me spend it on my slightly modded A3. :-)
Old 09-27-2007, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hmm, it is a good deal.

What do you mean adjustable? Height? Yes, they are height adjustable. But I think that is it.

What do you need them for? Just want the car lowered - probably a good choice. Do you want something that will imrpove its handling, I would steer you towards our kits. But they are more money, and really focus much more on that perfect balance.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Koni Web Site says 60mm Front 50mm Rear, and they are height and dampening adjustable
Old 09-27-2007, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default i think koni COs or stasis streetsport are good for people who want to lower their cars primarily

only for looks with maximum comfort because they are quite soft and bouncy (very close to stock sport suspension). if you want to improve handling as well, you might want to consider eibach or vogtland COs. but that's certainly a good deal on the koni COs if that's what you want.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well, what you really should consider...

Are the StartupRacing GT kits. The eliminate understeer by using stiffer rear springs. No other suspension costing less than $2K does that.