Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Lt turn signal blinking twice as fast as normal

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 06:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt turn signal blinking twice as fast as normal

I also have a indicator on the dash that is a circle with a cross through it. I have checked the rear lights and all bulbs are lit. Both turn signals look to be operating normal from the outside of the vehicle.
This is an 2011 Audi A3 TDI, thnks
Old 04-06-2013, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

How about front lights?
Old 04-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MikeSS
How about front lights?
That's what I did as soon as I got home, I went around the car, while the wife turned on headlights, turn signals, and emergency flasher. Everything looked great.
So I am wondering, what would happen if I unplugged the battery?
Would this clear the code?
Old 04-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

There are two bulbs in each rear lamp - take the lamp assembly out, pull the bulb mounting board and see what you see. I am betting a lamp is out (and that is what the fast blink means).
Old 04-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by record10
There are two bulbs in each rear lamp - take the lamp assembly out, pull the bulb mounting board and see what you see. I am betting a lamp is out (and that is what the fast blink means).
Thanks, I will try that. Interesting I can see the bulbs on each corner are identically lit. I am wondering if there is just some hickup and the system just thinks there is a bulb out?
Old 04-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had the exact same thing - I walked around the car over and over...finally I started taking things out and had a rear lamp out. I felt like a real *** when I found the bulb...I checked and checked.

As a note - DO NOT use Silstar bulbs, they get too hot and can melt the housing around the bulb (my car did this)
Old 04-06-2013, 04:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

OH! and the bulb that was out had two filaments in it - only one was out.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Two bulbs in each lamp assembly are just fine. Becoming a big mystery. I was on my way home in the middle of the day, 4 1/2 hours on the freeway with daytime running lights, just suddenly I get the alarm on the dash with the circle with the X. I still think there has got to be something else going on since all lights are working normally.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had the exact same thing - I walked around the car over and over...finally I started taking things out and had a rear lamp out. I felt like a real *** when I found the bulb...I checked and checked.

As a note - DO NOT use Silstar bulbs, they get too hot and can melt the housing around the bulb (my car did this)
Each tail light assembly has two bulbs and they are both lit, in my case. They are both illuminated equally. Headlights, low and high, emergency flashers, front turn signals, rear third light, brake lights, daytime running lights and back up lights, all working fine.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bcgreen
Each tail light assembly has two bulbs and they are both lit, in my case. They are both illuminated equally. Headlights, low and high, emergency flashers, front turn signals, rear third light, brake lights, daytime running lights and back up lights, all working fine.
side marker?

Quick Reply: Lt turn signal blinking twice as fast as normal