Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Mod review (long)

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 12:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mod review (long)

Excuse the lack of pix.

Prior to latest mods, I had revo stage 1 (programmed more aggressive than default) and 18x7.5 forged wheels, offset 40.

Power was good and smooth, stance of wheels made car look more squat and aggressive. Light wheels (< 17 lbs) helped, but still the pothole impacts on the 40 series tires was tiresome.

I could make tires rub with 425 lbs of passengers in the back, but only over speedbumps.

Keep in mind that I had stock sport suspension

This past Thursday, installed APR downpipe, koni FSD + Neuspeed springs, and upgraded to Revo stage 2.

SPRINGS: Very happy. Drop from stock sport was almost exactly 1" all around and quite even. Drop is noticeable but subtle. I was worried that rear would be lower than front due to neuspeed specs but it looks perfect. Even the wheel gap difference between front and rear seems lessened for some reason, even though drop was the same front and rear. Spring rate is slightly up and not "bouncy" (but did Konis at the same time so not perfect evaluation) and I can clear speedbumps, etc. with no problem unless I'm going over them quickly. See Damon's pictures as he is also running Neuspeeds and my gap looks like his. Also FYI, I cut 1 "node" from all bumpstops.

SHOCKS: Very very happy. Impacts from potholes and lane markers is significantly reduced. Much more comfortable ride, better than stock sport with stock wheels. Squat and lean reduced (although did springs same time so not perfect eval).

DOWNPIPE: Happy. 3-2.5" reducer included with APR downpipe still required welding as well as cutting of pipe. Absolutely no noticeable sound difference below 3k RPMs, but above 3.5k it gets increasingly raspy/aggressive (think ferrari not American V8). Power is up but did Revo Stage 2 at same time so not perfect eval. I don't notice faster spoolup.

ECU: Happy. Revo stage 2. Still smooth, more powerful, but did downpipe same time so not perfect eval.

Overall successful upgrades. Got more aural feedback w/o exhaust drone. Got more power. Got more comfort. Got more aggressive (lower) look. Got better handling.

Done for now. Other non-performance mods I've done are ashtray delete, VAG-COM windows (hold to close/open all), one press all unlock, no alarm beep, tint.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default update

Rear has dropped another 1/4 inch + so rear gap is noticeably less than front, kind similar to stock difference.

FSDs can be fooled by large changes in road elevation (frost heaves? we don't have those here but it sounds like what i'm talking about) that exacerbates the bounce and jarring effect vs stock (sport). Other than that still impressed by increased comfort most of the time.