Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

New Audi A3 S line owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Audi A3 S line owner

Hi guys, i just got a daily driver , its Super clean inside out with 80K miles , 12 A3 FWD TFSI S- line

I've just done an oil change, and a full suspension and bushing inspection, i would like to know as far as prevention maintenance what should i be looking out for ?
I know the Diverter valve may fail, but haven't noticed any signs? and there is a re designed version that supposed to not leak? am i correct?

i will be fabricating my own CAI and heat shield, and do the muffler delete . I will be replacing the serpentine belt this weekend

What i want is handling , and haven't seen much anywhere for sale, except Ultra racing, i want the front brace and rear and some good wheel spacers, maybe 10mm max all the way around.

welcome your inputs

Thanks

AC
Old 01-20-2021, 09:19 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi. I’d look into getting a catch can. See this video:
. I spent a lot of money decarbonizing my engine. Both Black Forest and Integrated Engineering make catch cans specifically for the A3.
Old 01-21-2021, 10:33 PM
A3K
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ACKnight
Hi guys, i just got a daily driver , its Super clean inside out with 80K miles , 12 A3 FWD TFSI S- line

I've just done an oil change, and a full suspension and bushing inspection, i would like to know as far as prevention maintenance what should i be looking out for ?
I know the Diverter valve may fail, but haven't noticed any signs? and there is a re designed version that supposed to not leak? am i correct?

i will be fabricating my own CAI and heat shield, and do the muffler delete . I will be replacing the serpentine belt this weekend

What i want is handling , and haven't seen much anywhere for sale, except Ultra racing, i want the front brace and rear and some good wheel spacers, maybe 10mm max all the way around.

welcome your inputs

Thanks

AC
Hi new member here as well, I just purchased the same vehicle last weekend 😀 so far I really like it. But i did an oil change a couple days after I bought it and found some metal shavings in the oil 😔 I am really concerned now. The car drives fine. Did you do the oil change yourself ? And did find any shavings? I got the car with 87k miles. Thanks in advance. 👍
Old 01-22-2021, 05:24 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wheel Spacers

Originally Posted by ACKnight

welcome your inputs

Thanks

AC
Hello,

Welcome to audiworld!

We offer high end Forged Aluminium wheel spacers in almost all sizes you can think of in stock! check out our website www.4wheelspacers.com, we offer a special coupon code for Audiworld members! Coupon Code:AW10 and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Cheers!

4WheelSpacers Your #1 Source For The Best European Wheel Spacers and Adapters -SUMMER SALE ON LOTS OF PRODUCTS - QUALITY HUB CENTRIC WHEEL SPACER KITS FOR AUDI, BMW, MBZ, PORSCHE, VW 5MM UP TO 40MM !!!
EMAIL: INFO@4WHEELSPACERS.COM
Old 02-15-2021, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi there, sorry for the late reply, i did do the oil change myslef, its was normal, i also just serviced the DSG oil and filter , upon inspection, from the top of the filter, i syphoned a bit from the top, and the oil was clear, so the previous owner, must have had it done, the filter was normal , but i did replace it since i had the oil filter cap open on the DSG.

My next step is to run a snake camera, into the intake chamber and see if the carbon clean up was done, if not i will perform it myself.

Cheers