Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Noise of Wind

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2001, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise of Wind

Upon reaching the speed of 100km/h, I can hear noise of wind (very soft). I consult my agent who tells me that it's true and normal. What's your opinion, then?

Sapporo
Old 07-23-2001, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Noise of Wind

I noticed the same problem as well only after few weeks of picking up the car (I have an A3 TDI 130hb). I can hear the wind noise start from around 120km/h and can be VERY loud when it is windy outside.

I talked to my dealer and he took the car back for a day and according to him, the technician taped the car and test drive it, they managed to find some problem and fixed it, well, not really, I think it was a bit better but not completely gone, what I noticed was the rubber around the doors become very oily after they "fixed" it.

He told me that he couldn't hear the noise that I claimed when test driving my car after the "operation", but he agreed that one of my door is not 100% okay, the problem is: he said they can't fix this kind of problem, this is a "birth defect", what they can do is to minimise it, but it is not good for the car (door) if they perform this too often (I saw how they do it in Audi factory, it's really awful and I really don't want them to do it on my car!).

So what can I do? I have no idea as well, but he will give me another A3 for one day on Wednesday (25/7) to drive to work and back, to see wheather it is better or not. To be honest, I don't know what can I do if it is better than my car, because I don't want them to do the "operation" again. Perhaps the oil that they put on can help a bit (for a short time).

May be you should talk to your dealer to see whether they can do the same thing on yours or not, but I don't recommend for too many time. If you are interested, I can you the result after Wed.

Sorry, not too much help.

p/s. I now have a new problem, the door on driver side has some noise, don't know how to explain, but very uncomfortable sound and I hate it, do you have this as well?
Old 07-23-2001, 10:28 PM

Default Re: Noise of Wind

Thanks for your information. Indeed, I've also talked to the dealer already and he told me that it's normal. Still, I will try to contact the technician next time and notify him of the fact to see whether anything can do to rectify the situation. I may bring out your opinion as well.

Btw, I won't be as lucky as you that I can be offerred another A3!

What noise from the driver door is it? How's that? I've got no problem with it, btw. Let's discuss.

Cheers

sapporo