Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Noob here with a wiper problem. Hello all!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob here with a wiper problem. Hello all!

Hello guys, I'v been a long time lurker to fix small issues here and there but this one is getting the best of me. My vehicle is a 2008 audi A3 with about 140k on the odo.

So, the "light/rain sensor defective" light is on. which according to the manual permanently enables the low beams and allows windshield wiper lever functions. The issue is I have no wipers at all except for the rear. After some research I found a threat about replacing the gel pack, which I did with great attention to detail but had no results. Looking back I realize that I should of still had wiper function with a bad gel pack and I probably should have left it alone.
My new theory after checking all fuses in the cab and engine bay, is the wiper motor may be bad. I found threads where after market HID kits have drawn excessive current and somehow burnt the motor. That sounds crazy, but I'v have HIDs in the car since I bought it in 2008.

I appreciate any help, advice, or criticisms, lol. I have and extensive background in electronics an mechanics and would have done more troubleshooting except I'm in Vermont and its freaking cold outside!

Sal