Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Open SKY 3rd time :-( but good service note -Prestige Audi Miami

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 08:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Open SKY 3rd time :-( but good service note -Prestige Audi Miami

the new and improved clip broke - though it lasted much longer than the last two. I slide the screen almost every single day and open the roof often - I mean isn't that the idea? A sport-back with sporty features aren't you supposed to use them? Shouldn't they have some durability? Instead it's this delicate little thing they call a sunshade. Are they building these cars for people with delicate fingers? NO! I don't even shut it hard - believe me I try to be soo careful -you think I like having to deal with this? I think the heat from the sun is part of it -
The good news is I took it in for new tires (Dunlop Sport Maxx) and 25K oil change. On check in the service rep noticed my driver's window button was peeling (the black smooth covering on the buttons) she added that to the list no charge (covered in only certain states she told me where the heat makes em peel)

Also they are programming my key to make all the windows go down and up with the remote.

AND the best part is they just called to say they have the Open Sky parts in Stock and will replace it today as well.

They dropped me off and are picking me up later too. (they have also given me A4 loaners when they know a full day is in store for work)

Now here's the thing. I moved to FL from RI. I didn't buy the car in FL and many have said that if you don't buy a car at a dealer you don't get the same service as someone who did (but I moved 15 hundred miles away but they don't know that)- I think that thinking is flawed at least in my case where a move is involved- here's why... look how well I have been treated by Prestige Audi in Miami and I didn't even buy my car there. They don't know where I bought it...sooo You can bet I will be buying from them next time! They have been great to me and have won me over as a future customer. I think THAT is good business. Treat people right and it comes back to you.

ROb
Old 08-31-2006, 10:59 AM

Nice to hear! That's the best way to return the favor for good service.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good to hear about good service. However, they do know where your car has been

since they can look up previous services (and even the PDI info) via a dealer wide network. Still doesn't say where they car was purchased, but it gives them a clue you're from out of town;-)

If you are really impressed, write a nice letter and send copies to the service manager and general manager of the dealer.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:15 PM

Default yes computers are amazing!-I only had it serviced there though nowhere else ever

I figured they could figure it out if they really wanted to - the point is they never asked me anything and NEVER ever made me feel like I wasn't originally one of their customers I just think it's great!

There was nothing wrong with the dealer in my home state BTW I just never had to take the A3 there for service since I moved shortly after I bought it and this is my first Audi.

the best way for me to return the favor to the Miami Dealer will be to buy a car from them and tell everyone how great they are!
Old 08-31-2006, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car was still registered in the system at the time of the PDI. Good PR is always welcome
Old 09-01-2006, 11:17 AM

Default the point was how well they treated me from day one

not whether they could check where I bought it

I am not doubting you at all I think what you have said is obvious anyway..ya know?

I mean of course they can tell where I got it I don't think anyone believed otherwise, including myself.