Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

A show of sympathy please...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A show of sympathy please...

i am so so so so so pissed off. a freaking lady with a huge benz backed up into my new A3. and worse, she did not even get out of her car immediately because she did not know that she hit me.

i feel like i always try my hardest not to stereotype. but today, i've had it. why am i NOT surprised that the lady who drove that big *** expensive benz was asian (specifically chinese)?

she did not even look as she was backing out of her spot. worst of all, i could not even have prevented the accident because i was stopped at a stop sign as she was backing out. by the time i tried to swerve to the left in hopes of avoiding her big rear *** by inches, she had already hit me.

people surrounding us had the most horrid looks on their faces. they all wanted to scream at that lady to LOOK OUT AND STOP!!! but they were just as helpless as me...they all had to stand there to endure what was about to happen and happened. what trooper witnesses!

even worse, the lady just called to say that her insurance cannot cover the accident because she had just gotten her second hand car yesterday and the insurance had not transferred over yet. or at least this is the BS excuse she gave me. so she wants to pay out of her own pocket and she kept apologizing.

i hate being a petty person. i know that it's just a car... but i feel frustrated and angry because of the time and trouble i will have to go through because of this accident. and having the feeling that my car simply isn't perfect anymore... cosmetically it'll be perfect again, but i know that deep down, my poor baby has been abused at least once.

final note, now i have every excuse to stereotype that asian drivers have no driving skills WHATSOEVER and the point of getting a mercedes benz is all for show. i bet the lady who hit me has no freaking idea what her car is all about. all she wanted from her car was a show of status and power. but if she can't freaking drive the thing, give it up to someone else who has a true appreciation of fine european cars, and not just the price tag. DAMN HER.

by the way, i am asian and female. good thing my daddy taught me how to drive! i guess looking behind you while backing out is a really far off idea for some!
Old 04-09-2006, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default My only accidents are these, always new cars..

Stopped, someone backs up without looking, crunch!. Last two new cars, within months.
I wish it was legal to kill these idiots and sell their cars and corpses for spare parts..

My first new A3 accessory will be the loudest set of horns that I can find and fit..
Old 04-09-2006, 03:40 PM

My sympathies. What section(s) of your car got damaged?
Old 04-09-2006, 03:43 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default You really don't have an excuse for stereotyping asian drivers...

think about it, and maybe you'll understand why.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default if she had ins on her previous car- she is covered for 30 days on the new one

press her on it@
Old 04-09-2006, 04:09 PM

thanks. right side rear above and next to the tire area.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:19 PM

Default i think she was just finding an excuse...

perhaps she wanted to settle it without dinging her insurance... as long as she's willing to repair the damage, then i guess it's ok to leave the insurance out. she was apologizing profusely at the end, but i became a monster again when she asked "btw what's your license plate #?" coz i spitted out "obviously you didn't see any plates on my car coz the car is new!!!"

maybe i ought to go do some yoga now...to subside the monster. :P
Old 04-09-2006, 04:25 PM

umm...coz i am asian myself?
Old 04-09-2006, 04:30 PM

Default Asian drivers suk!

This is most definitely a stereotype - but I hate to say it, I do agree with it. Yeah, I'm Asian myself (I drive very well BTW!), but whenever I am driving in an Asian community I am always on high alert! People in Koreatown drive like...my mom!! (Yikes!)
Old 04-09-2006, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I was hit in the front bumper of my A4

Driver was travelling in front of me on a one way street with parking on both sides, saw a parking spot and immediately began to back as I was stopped. I was unable to back up to avoid him, because of traffic behind me and boom. He was just a bad driver, who paid no attention to what he was doing. I filed a police report and called his insurance company immediately after the incident. I never even called my insurance. I found an outstanding body shop that did impeccable work and it didn't cost me a cent even including the rental car. If you haven't already done so, go to the local police station and file a report and get in touch with his insurance company.

Quick Reply: A show of sympathy please...