Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Thinking of getting a drop...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 12:48 AM
cur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of getting a drop...

i'm thinking of changing my stock springs to either H&R sport springs or Neuspeed springs...any thoughts?

i know the Neuspeed springs are lower on the rear but what's the spring rate for the two?
I'll be running on stock shocks and i'm just afraid of having the springs too soft and hitting the bump stop.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Thinking of getting a drop...

Speaking from experience, you might want to wait until you have the money to do it right the first time. Long term you'd be better off buying a cupkit or coilovers. Anyways, good luck and post some pictures and tell us how your can handles.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default I have the Neuspeed springs

great, but I paired them w the Koni sports, and the H&R sway. I was going to go one step at a time, but I was convinced to hang in there and do it all in 1 fell swoop. Car handles perfect.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default OK

Both H&R and Neuspeed should work. I know that Vogtland springs work fine with OEM shocks.

Most companies know that people will install their springs with OEM shocks and therefore they do not make them much stiffer.

Basically responsible spring makers make sure that they work well. So if springs are your idea of fun - I highly recommend Vogtlands. But Eibach or H&R or Neuspeed shoould work too.

Now, if you want to properly tune your suspension, coilovers are the only way to go.

Our GT kits start at just over $1,000 and will provide you with a lifetime of fun. You will be able to to adjust the ride height perfectly to your liking. Some springs will drop your car too much, some too little. Also with coilovers, you will get stiffer springs that will truly eliminate body roll and understeer. This is not possible with spring kits as these are designed for OEM shocks.

If you just get springs, you will want coilovers later and will end up paying for both. Just do it the right way around from the start.<ul><li><a href="http://www.startupracing.com/">http://www.startupracing.com/</a></li></ul>
Old 01-23-2007, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, man, you are so full of sh*t. Your post couldn't be any more slanted and incorrect.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:51 AM

Default You can do something like Neuspeed springs and Koni FSD's. I changed my springs more than a year...

ago and I'm getting FSD's when I go to Cali in March hopefully at Ingolstadt West.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default And your post is very well written and informative. You are such a resource to the community.

Frankly I am suprised with your low UID. Did you log in on dad's computer? Maybe ask him for an opinion.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:19 AM
cur

Default So the ride is still fine with just the springs installed?...

I wish i have the cash to get coilovers too but unfortunately not for now and i'm really tired of the ugly gap...so if it's not that big of a deal, i'll just stick with the springs for now and maybe get shocks later this year.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:34 AM

Oh yeah. I actually love the way the ride feels but at some point the shocks have to be replaced too
Old 01-23-2007, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

hit me up when you come out..ill meet you at ingolstadt west. i often work near there....

Quick Reply: Thinking of getting a drop...