Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

TPMS control module J502 No Communication please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2022, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS control module J502 No Communication please help

I just got a 2012 Audi A3 2.0 TDI with the DSG trans.
Car was wrecked in the front driver side...got her all fixed up and she runs and drives and trying to clear and repair all codes.
I replaced airbags and the whole driver side door....I FIXED ALL codes except 1 that is giving me hell.
I DO HAVE ROSS TECH and this code:
01325 Control Module for Ture Pressure Monitoring (J502) NO Signal/Communication -Intermittent is stuck in both ABS Brakes module and CAN Gateway Module

What I have done so far:

1. checked fuse F4? (driver door jamb fuse 4 from top supposed to be a 5AMP fuse that controls TPMS module?) - ALL GOOD
Any other fuse I should be checking for TPMS module??
2. Checked wheel speed sensors... Figured since the car got hit they got messed up but they check fine and NO CODE for wheel speed sensors.
My understanding is that there are no actual sensors in TIRES and it's a indirect TPMS system via speed sensors?
3. In Ross Tech when I go to TPMS module it says "NO CONNECTION" .... but the indirect system uses ABS module????

My questions:

Since there is no sensors in tires, the indirect TPMS doesn't have a standalone TPMS module....so the ABS module is the TPMS module? Correct?
Are there any other fuses I need to check? (I know A4s have the TPMS fuses in trunk?) but not sure on the A3 other then the F4 fuse in driver door jamb?
The TPMS light on the cluster and the TPMS malfunction on the DIC won't go away...and I need this fixed.
Last resort is disabling the TPMS? I know the A4 procedure with the direct sensors to disable TPMS. ANYONE know the indirect TPMS disable method for an A3?

ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD BE CHECKING???