Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

used A3 value....

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 07:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Everybody's a victim these days. Keep it, Fix it, Sell it, Trade it. Quit 'cher whining.

AoA won't help him.

Dealer won't help him.

He can't get what he want for a trade.

He won't sell it privately because the car is a "lemon" yet contradicts that later in another post.

Pleanty of members here have been very helpful but the OP always turn it into a "whoa is me" excuse to complain.

Buyer's remorse and now all he does is bash the car.

You can put whatever fits in it, keep trolling away all you want.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:00 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Sorry, I haven't followed the history outside this post.

And at this point I don't want to know...
Old 03-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Check out your state's Lemon Law to see if the vehicle qualifies

If it qualifies, then start by doing whatever you are required by law. In California, it starts with a letter.
My replacement A3 should be here next week.
Don't hold your breath that Audi will refund most or all of your money. Audi makes a point of letting you know that they are buying back the vehicle for "goodwill" and not because they are legally required to.
I almost traded in my A3 during the "negotiations" of the buyback. I was tired of the time and energy I was spending on the car. But due to the problem with the car, the ethical route was to have Audi buy it back.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad to hear you're getting some resolution. Yes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

The cheapest car is the car you will own for the longest time and be happy owning it.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default You mean another fake news story about how customers mistook the gas pedal for the brake pedal

and killed resale of cars for over 10 years? You'd have plenty to cry about then. The new cars can't sell for much less than they do now and be profitable (ours is one of the highest cost markets anywhere), model offerings will shrink, they won't have the volume to offer incentives, and you won't be able to sell your Audi to save your soul. How is that going to help anyone? Audi is trying to find ways to increase dealer profits as it is, because they don't have the operating budgets to compete with BMW and Mercedes dealers.

How long was it until our market was worth bothering to send S cars to again? Do you remember what dealers were like in the early '90s? Dumpy demoralized ghost towns with no inventory and apathetic leftovers of staff who weren't skilled enough to find jobs elsewhere. In fact the reason we have some sucky dealers today is in large part due to that - because they were the ones who held on in the bad times, pinched their pennies, and are now holding on to the old way of doing business just like people from the depression could never trust banks with their savings any more, and stuffed money under the floor boards instead. Tell me how this would make things better for Audi owners, potential Audi buyers, and the growth of the brand?

There are always two sides to every story - and if you don't listen to both of them, you cannot offer a reasoned opinion or objective solution. I wonder what the dealer and/or AoA have to say about Max's car?
Old 03-28-2006, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default correction

Just don't want to be offensive, but it's Lexus, not Toyota. It's IS350, not IS300. A3 to US drivers is just like IS350 to Lexus drivers. This is new for 2006.

And right the cheapest car is the car you own for the longest time.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default If there was an incentivized lease program, Max's car would have been worth even less, since

shoppers could lease a new one for less than they could buy a used one for and get a new car with a full warranty. The larger the incentive on the new car, the lower the resale on the used car. Incentivizing a semi-mainstream car always hits the owner in the pocketbook come resale time. All that discounting pushes down the resale values by a factor of two or three times the original discount/incentive amount.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:59 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Thanks for making my point.

Many cars depreciate more, some depreciate less.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:02 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Cadillac Escalade and Honda Civic.

Search Edmunds used prices and Autotrader.com listings for real world prices. It'll take you some time to arrive at an average depreciation for each vehicle, but when you do, you'll certainly find the Honda retains a great deal of it's initial value and the Caddy does not.

For simplicity's sake, assume a 1 year old vehicle with <15K miles.

Have fun!

Quick Reply: used A3 value....