Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Well its offical....

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well its offical....

I am on the dealer allocation and my spot is reserved, deposit is in on the A3 2.0T FSI/DSG.

As far as options go, I am not going to have the car built until July/Aug with Deliver in Late November or so. I will not need to pick options unitl June/July or so. I am doing this so I can drive the car and confirm all the rave reviews that are pouring in from around the world...Also, check out more of the new colors in person. Still need to decide on OpenSky and also, it will give me time JUST INCASE Audi decides to give us another option here or there down the line (Such as Bluetooth Standard after Wk 22 cars)..this will give me a little forsite before I order.

Also, spots are being eatin up very quickly at many dealers, remember, just becuase you have money down, doesnt mean you have to turn around and order it RIGHT then...you have some time....Just like I am doing....Zerin who posted on here a few weeks back is doing the same..(we both are getting the cars from the same dealer and rep). I would suggest putting down the small deposit just so you have your spot to the serious A3 buyers out there.

If I HAD to order it right now...it shall be;
A3 2.0T DSG
Brilliant Black/ Ebony Leather /Aluminum
Sport Pkg (Sport Seats w/ contrast stiching, Sport Sus. Sport Wheels etc.)
Nav+ w/SD Card Slots
Bluetooth
Xenon
Sound Pkg (Bose & Sirus)
Convienence Pkg (Homelink, Dimming Mirrors etc...)
Open Sky???

Not Getting:
Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Air Bags, Headlight Washers, Air Pressure Monitoring.

The above is pretty much I know I would order, only thing that might change is a color that may wow me once I see it, or Open Sky.

=)
Old 03-23-2005, 09:08 AM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default open sky will be my first option, couldn't get a car without any sunroof

A3 2.0T DSG (have to get it now so woman can drive it if I want my 87 911)

Moro Blue
Sport Package
Open Sky
Aluminum
Cold Weather Package

No Nav
No convenience
Probably no sound
No Xenon

Should come out to be quite less without those options listed above at a nice lease price, but if the price weren't to raise too much, I would possibly add sound and xenon.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I would like a sunroof, yes, but not a pane of glass that I pay 1.5K for.

That the perdicament Audi is putting us in on this one. Its not like there is no sunroof, or sunroof, or opensky. Its none or opensky.

Based on that, yes its a cool and noval concept, but only the front roof opens. The rear one does not. Its just glass....so your pay 1.5K for a sunroof? Also, I guess the two tone body/roof thing is cool, but you dont even see that on a Black car.

Again, need to see it more in person to decide one way or another....but so far...meh.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:27 AM
Elder Member

Default I hear ya, aside from DSG, it's the coolest option on the car...

and not having a sunroof makes the car feel clausterphobic IMHO. I don't care if the glass doesn't open in the back, I'm driving
Old 03-23-2005, 09:59 AM

Default Re: congrats

Good choices... my order was placed months ago for the same choices except:
Lt. Silver Metalic
Lt. Grey Interior
No Bluetooth? (early order position and don't wish to wait)
No Open Sky (don't want to minimize headroom ...I haven't even sat in one..but figure its like the A4)
Cold Weather Package (wife in a short skirt says a heated seat is a must ... good for resale too)
Don't the headlight washers come with the Xenons? (did on the Mrs. Mini S)

Your right on with your choices...

also didn't get open sky because I didn't like the black roof on a silver car. We have it on the cooper S, but that has a black roof so the system seems to fit. Why can't we get the brushed roof rail option?
Old 03-23-2005, 10:17 AM
Elder Member

the A4 sunroof takes away headroom?
Old 03-23-2005, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I dont know, need to look. But I have heard two say this. I always thought the sunroof added room.

Maybe since this is some diffrent system, it is lower.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:32 AM
Elder Member

Default yeah, i don't think it takes away any space on the A4...

and never thought there was a comparison anyway, doesn't ever B5 A4 come with a sunroof?

I can't imagine it takes away any, I would think it would even add some since there isn't really a liner, it's more insulated glass.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:48 AM

Default Re: not chancing it

I'm not sure if it takes away headroom or not either, but because I haven't been it (only seen it in LA and the car was locked) I didn't want to chance it...and the price...and the exterior look. That was my reason for going with the lighter interior...won't feel as dark or confined.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:51 AM
Elder Member

Default ah, cool, i just can't have a car without some top ventilation....

and seeing I don't dig convertibles, sunroof is my savior. I'm getting Moro Blue I think, so you really wouldn't be able to tell that much anyway.

Quick Reply: Well its offical....