Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Well its offical....

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Congrats but the list is overrated

I remember getting on a list for the RSX--by the time it came out it was easy to get one--by then I had already changed my mind
Old 03-23-2005, 01:43 PM

Yes. If you can find one without sunroof you can see it.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Disagree..

The A3 is comming out in far fewer numbers then an Acura is.

The Dealer that I have mine from has 4 spots left, and had over 60 allocated. There will only be about 200 allocated spots in the city of Houston for this year....which is tiny when your talking about the 4th largest city in the county.

Also, to compare te Acura to the Audi, well, you just dont compare the Acura to the Audi.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:07 PM

NICE! Congratulations. The A3 looks very mean in Black.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Congrats.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I agree - it's overrated.

For many reasons.

First, this isn't a limited production super hot car. It may be popular, but it's not that popular. Maybe sold out for 2-3 months, max. But supply will catch up with demand in due time.

Secondly, if it IS that popular, then you'll be paying a high price at first, just like everybody else in the "got to have it" crowd while dealers price-gouge and profit while they can. After a little while, the price will drop, so why pay more.

Thirdly, being the "first" also means getting the very first batch, which is prone to more problems.

Fourth, for many popularly hyped cars that come out with fanfare like the Caddy CTS-V, the WRX STi, the Pontiac GTO, the new Corvette, the Audi RS6... the lists grow quickly, but about 75% or more drop off and don't ever purchase. I was one of those... I had a deposit on an RS6.. was 8th in line in my market (Austin, TX). I decided I was not 100% happy with it when it came out, wanted to wait for the chance at a manual tranny (never came), so got an SUV for the meantime. Even though I was 8th on the list, only one other RS6 was sold before me here, and even though they "threatened" to sell it to the next guys in line if I didn't jump, they still had it for several months afterward, which is why I got a test drive... a very fun test drive. Now, I like the design of the new A6, so we'll see... but that RS6 is years away.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Agree on most points...

But...
I have the spot...havent ordered that car yet...
So, I avoid the first few months of pricing gouging. I also avoid the first line of production cars that are comming into dealers and that where ordered back in January. This is a July-Aug Build with year end delivery. Also, its not limited production...but its comming in far far fewer numbers then the A4. Its a new hot car that is getting alot of attention and pub...and many people want...combine those two things is what I mean....also....considering the RS6 is more the 2x as much...its a little diffrent.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:16 AM

Default What is 'price gouging'?

Over MSRP or paying msrp?

Curious.

RB
Old 03-25-2005, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I am not sure....I cant speak for him...but I think.....

in the form most would take it in, it means above MSRP on a car. Liek the RS6 at first. In this case, there is no way Audi sells this car over MSRP.

I think a more accurate depiction is, Audi will not be discounting them, and charging closer to MSRP, at least at the start.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:39 AM

Default Check. This car is going to be hard to discount..

Last 30K A4 i saw had $1800 between msrp and invoice. Slim!

RB

Quick Reply: Well its offical....