Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

WTF? My A3...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF? My A3...

So my A3's engine was almost entirely rebuilt (under warranty) last summer after the Crank Sensor failed and broke apart leaving pieces in the crank shaft area which then destroyed the shaft, etc., etc. Miramar Audi in San Diego worked long and hard on it and bungled it a couple times but eventually all was good. So now I'm in LA and driving, "minding my own business" and it just dead dies at a light. Turn the key and the engine spins but no way it's going to catch. So I have it towed to Keyes Audi in Sherman Oakes. I should mention I have APR Stage II software as well as APR high performance fuel pump and performance exhaust (which had nothing to do with last summer). This dealership runs the VagCom and it says a fault with the Crank Sensor. So they physically check it and all is fine. They ask can they flash it with stock (had to 'fess up' about the SW) and I say, OK but what does that have to do with anything? Well, they do it and, guess what, nothing. Now, two days later they have contacted Audi who sent them a SW to DL into my car to maybe "fix" the problem. It makes no sense to me that it's anything to do with SW and nothing with what they said the VagCom told them does either. Spoke with a REAL Audi tech not at the dealer and he suggested right away he'd try the high performance fuel pump sensor or the 'in the tank' fuel pump. Keyes refuses to try either because "their guys are trained by Audi, blah, blah, blah"...so...who do I believe? Why is this so f-ing hard to figure out? It can't be I'm the only A3 owner this ever happened to, is it? Any thoughts? TIA!
Old 04-15-2011, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Bump

Any other A3 owners ever experience this???...
Old 04-17-2011, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default BUMP

Oh well...now they say they want to put in a new ECU...wtf? Why do they think it's SW? Fortunately, I had the ECU replaced last August so this part is still covered by that 12 month parts warranty...which Keyes conveniently "couldn't find" in the Audi records...so had the dealership who had done it send me the paperwork..what did they think? They'll get me for a $1300 ECU once but then I'll never trust them again or use them again???...