Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2015 S3 introduction!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanS3
I really don't like the Kenu. I did use that for a year. But it falls apart. And it's not as easy to use as the magnet mounts.

I will have to see exactly where I pushed the prongs into my vent. I really don't want to remove it, b/c it hasn't moved for almost a year now, since installing it... and I don't want to mess with a good thing.

but it's up near the top, and it's wedged in there. I am not sure if it's just wedged in, in a random fashion. or if the prongs are being used in the way they are designed. I'll try to report back. either way, I'd go with a magnet approach since it's faster to use at stop lights and getting in/out of the car.
Thank you very much! It helps
Old 01-29-2016, 11:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

But the angle? the angle is fine, or it's user error.
can't take a pic of my phone on the mount today, haha, but here is the mount
Its the left/right angle I could never get where I wanted.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I really don't like the Kenu. I did use that for a year. But it falls apart. And it's not as easy to use as the magnet mounts.

I will have to see exactly where I pushed the prongs into my vent. I really don't want to remove it, b/c it hasn't moved for almost a year now, since installing it... and I don't want to mess with a good thing.

but it's up near the top, and it's wedged in there. I am not sure if it's just wedged in, in a random fashion. or if the prongs are being used in the way they are designed. I'll try to report back. either way, I'd go with a magnet approach since it's faster to use at stop lights and getting in/out of the car.
Got it a week ago and surprisingly managed to push it into the vent! So far so good, it stays put. Thanks!
Old 02-23-2016, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In case you missed it, I installed the Unitronic Stage2 tune for my TCU (DSG tune), while sitting my car, which was located in my garage!
I had to purchase a Uniconnect+ device, for $150 from moddedeuros. But it was worth it.

The entire story was posted a month ago:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...story-2895306/

But today, I learned something about a situation with a competitor of Unitronic.
This competitor, A** came out with an update to their ECU tune last week.
Enthusiasts get in their cars and drive to their local tuner for the update.
The enthusiast pays $50-$150 for the update, plus gas, drive-time, time away from family/work.
My buddy has a 4 month old baby, and his tuner is 4 hours each way.

Then today, my buddy finds out that A** has an update for the update. So he has to go back again.
I couldn't live with that, and my tuner is only 1 hour each way. This is why uniconnect+ makes unitronic the best option, for me.

I hope I don't come off as someone who thinks they know everything.
My point is this,
All these tunes are so close. But the convenience of Unitronic's Uniconnect+ for me, is KING.

UC+ is $150, paying for itself over and over again. The device makes it super easy for end users (like ME) to reflash, in the event that an update is required.
Luckily for me. Unitronic doesn't rush to the market, so there are not many updates anyhow.

uniconnect+

The UniConnect device gives you four options:
- performance engine flash YOURSELF
- performance transmission flash YOURSELF
- ecu diagnostic tool, check and clear codes LIKE VAG-COM, YOURSELF
- tcu diagnostic tool, check and clear codes LIKE VAG-COM, YOURSELF

Uniconnect Quick Pic
by Ryan Mac, on Flickr

I truly hope this helps someone who is on the fence make the right decision, for them.
Maybe he/she is 5 mins from an A** dealer, who won't charge them for all the updates.
Maybe not, in which case, Unitronic seems to be the best option.

Cheers
Old 04-08-2016, 09:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is NON-Mag ride 2015 S3 USA
special note: 245/35/19x8.5.
ground to fender at center:

H&R Sport Springs: 25 3/8" all around. Best handling. Little bouncy, but looking back, not too bad and especially for the result.

ED Springs: Front 25 1/4", Rear 25 3/8". Easiest to live with. Needs a rear sway bar.

VWR Springs: 25" all around (on day 1). Easily the lowest of the three. Close second, with regard to easiest to live with. Even closer second with regard to handling.

Yes, I've had all three.

https://flic.kr/p/Fbn9Vf

I need to drive on the VWR a bit more before I comment further.

No pics yet sorry. Slammed. Like super sports. Not as advertised.
There is apparently no perfect spring. But anyone on coilovers already knew that.

They arrived in the states Tuesday. Initial shipments went out Wednesday.

The images here are not representative of what they look like.

VWR Sport Springs Audi S3 and RS3 - VWR3130S3

Last edited by RyanS3; 04-08-2016 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey just wondering, I might have missed it, are you still running stock air box?
Old 08-22-2016, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Just a quick update on the new phone mount that I'm LOVING!!!
Blue-Garuda Magnetic Car Mount/Phone Holder In 2015 Audi S3
It's basically a round magnet on your vent. you literally just slap the phone up there.
and it never moves, EVERRRRR.
so you're at a light and you want to text, you just grab it, and then the light turns green - you slap it back on.
really easy to use.
The mount looks great and I just ordered one from myself. Just curious, how did you put the magnetic piece in to the vent? I can't really find a place that's secure. It seems like the best fit is to split it half on the inside and half on the outside lip of the vent but it tends to eventually slip off. I also had a pretty tough time sliding it on to there, trying to not damage the vent.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by chenw87
The mount looks great and I just ordered one from myself. Just curious, how did you put the magnetic piece in to the vent? I can't really find a place that's secure. It seems like the best fit is to split it half on the inside and half on the outside lip of the vent but it tends to eventually slip off. I also had a pretty tough time sliding it on to there, trying to not damage the vent.
I had the same issue. I found a way to make it pretty secure.

I have a slightly different brand but I'm sure they're all the same. The vent grip portion of mine is like 2 slits at 90 degrees, and one is wider than the other. I use the wider slit and put it across the "lip" of the vent as you said, and try to align it so the narrow slit kinda captures one of the vent "spokes" (I center it on the top of the vent lip). Put it on snug, but don't force it on too hard.

Then I tilt the the vent up, so the top of the back of the mount gets shoved under the outer rim of the vent (the part of the dash), and that seems pretty secure. On a 2 hour drive after prolonged vibration it did fall off, but for my daily commute it's pretty stable. I have a galaxy S7 edge on there.