Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2016 A3 Sportback e-tron

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default e-tron connect

Finally, got the account and PIN numbers to add the vehicle to e-tron connect. ?I received the account and PIN from the same outfit that runs Volkswagen Car-Net services.

Was able to log in successfully to https://etron.audiusa.com// website. However, the website is not fully functional and it's not updating information from the car.

I tried to log on to the e-tron app (iOS). However, I get an incorrect user or PIN error everytime.

So it's definitely not ready for prime time use.

-Ben
Old 01-13-2016, 05:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ben - I, too, received my e-tron Connect emails yesterday, finally! I had the same experience as you, once logged into the site it doesn't have any data on my car but I figured it was because I might need to take the car for a spin now that I have the app/account active. As for the mobile app, it's confusing because it asks you to enter your username - don't enter the username that you chose (like your email address), use the "Account #" you were assigned along with the PIN and then it lets you proceed to yet another screen where you have to receive an activation code by email or text to proceed into the app. Once I got through all of that, it still doesn't show any information yet (which again I assumed was because I need to try driving the car first since it's been off since being activated).

Regarding your earlier question regarding the charging, I couldn't tell you as I haven't tried charging at a public charge station where it displays the kWh. That Chargepoint one at your work seems pricey, more than a tank of gas that should get you at least as many miles. :-/ Here in Raleigh most of the charging stations are municipal and free, though I haven't tried any yet. I'll get a chance to test one tomorrow.

Originally Posted by bruinmac
Finally, got the account and PIN numbers to add the vehicle to e-tron connect. ?I received the account and PIN from the same outfit that runs Volkswagen Car-Net services.

Was able to log in successfully to https://etron.audiusa.com// website. However, the website is not fully functional and it's not updating information from the car.

I tried to log on to the e-tron app (iOS). However, I get an incorrect user or PIN error everytime.

So it's definitely not ready for prime time use.

-Ben
Old 01-13-2016, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jeremyrclark
Ben - I, too, received my e-tron Connect emails yesterday, finally! I had the same experience as you, once logged into the site it doesn't have any data on my car but I figured it was because I might need to take the car for a spin now that I have the app/account active. As for the mobile app, it's confusing because it asks you to enter your username - don't enter the username that you chose (like your email address), use the "Account #" you were assigned along with the PIN and then it lets you proceed to yet another screen where you have to receive an activation code by email or text to proceed into the app. Once I got through all of that, it still doesn't show any information yet (which again I assumed was because I need to try driving the car first since it's been off since being activated).

Regarding your earlier question regarding the charging, I couldn't tell you as I haven't tried charging at a public charge station where it displays the kWh. That Chargepoint one at your work seems pricey, more than a tank of gas that should get you at least as many miles. :-/ Here in Raleigh most of the charging stations are municipal and free, though I haven't tried any yet. I'll get a chance to test one tomorrow.
Jeremy,

Thanks for the info on the user/account information on e-tron app. Wow that was doozey. Even the registration code was a total clusterf**ck. I had to send the registration code like four times before the app accepted a valid one. And after successfully logging it, there is no data. Now I am wondering if there is something that needs to be turned on in our A3 e-tron in order for it to start transmitting data. By the way, the email I got for the account number came from VW Car-Net service, the same outfit that runs connect services for the VW e-Golf.

The point I was making about the Chargepoint photo is that the car only tops off with 6.6 kWh of charge. At some point during the press conferences, Audi said the up to 7.7 kWh is usable out of it's 8.8 kWh battery. Now we know why they only self-reported 16-17 miles of EV range with the EPA. Audi is probably making sure that there is always 200 HP/250 ft-lbs power/torque on tap for sporty performance.

-Ben
Old 01-13-2016, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bruinmac
It looks like you're in SoCal
Did you not need the green sticker?
Do you have any info on if more are coming out? Since we can't get them anymore.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by joseaudi
bruinmac
It looks like you're in SoCal
Did you not need the green sticker?
Do you have any info on if more are coming out? Since we can't get them anymore.
Yes I do need a green sticker. And yes, the e-tron is eligible for a green sticker. And yes, they are out. However, they are taking applications without payment just in case the legislature increases the amount from 85,000 to put people in a queue. I don't know if they are ever going to increase them. I have an Express/FastTrak pass that I use.

-Ben
Old 01-15-2016, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Need HELP e-tron connect for US A3 e-trons!

Has anybody here who have gotten their e-tron in the US successfully used the e-tron web portal or the e-tron connect app (iOS or Android)? I am able to log into either the website (etron.audiusa.com) or the mobile app, however, there is no data about my e-tron in either portal. The e-tron doesn't seem to be transmitting any data or the portal doesn't seem to be receiving any data.

I have an open ticket with Audi Customer Support and they are currently looking into it.
-Ben
Old 01-15-2016, 09:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey Ben - yes, I finally had a chance to verify my app was working properly after getting in my car yesterday after the app was activated, and driving it. Shortly thereafter data started to show up in the app. I had not checked the website until just now to verify, but it also seems to be working. Sidenote: though the iOS app only allows you to set timers for the A/C, it seems on the website you can manually turn it on/off.

I've attached some screenshots so you can see what it's displaying for me and compare. Hope you're able to get it working soon!

BTW, thanks for confirming that your 20A circuit was charging it fine - I was able to purchase a NEMA adapter to convert my 30A plug into a NEMA 6-50 and it works like a charm. Adapter only cost me $80 and now I don't need to run a new circuit, hire an electrician, or by the dock/cabinet since the adapter double as an extension cord to get the charger closer to my car.

Has anybody here who have gotten their e-tron in the US successfully used the e-tron web portal or the e-tron connect app (iOS or Android)? I am able to log into either the website (etron.audiusa.com) or the mobile app, however, there is no data about my e-tron in either portal. The e-tron doesn't seem to be transmitting any data or the portal doesn't seem to be receiving any data.

I have an open ticket with Audi Customer Support and they are currently looking into it.
-Ben
Old 01-15-2016, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

@jeremy Good to know that the system is working. Unfortunately, my setup is not working I don't know if it's my car, the servers, Verizon or what. They haven't called me back.

Last edited by bruinmac; 01-15-2016 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

@ben that sucks. so you're seeing the same screens, but just with no data in them? The person I was talking to in Etron support was Joe (at the 1-844-573-8766 number). He wasn't especially knowledgable because this is all new to them but he was helpful and kept checking in with me.

@jeremy Good to know that the system is working. Unfortunately, my setup is not working I don't know if it's my car, the servers, Verizon or what. They haven't called me back.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jeremyrclark
@ben that sucks. so you're seeing the same screens, but just with no data in them? The person I was talking to in Etron support was Joe (at the 1-844-573-8766 number). He wasn't especially knowledgable because this is all new to them but he was helpful and kept checking in with me.
I just called Audi USA, and their tech/IT guys are looking at the problem. Apparently, I'm not the only one having this problem. I confirmed with them that this is not because I don't have the Technology Package, since yours is working and you have that. They said all e-trons have the SIM embedded in them for e-tron connect services. So it's either my car, their backend or Verizons. For what its worth, this is what a non-working e-tron portal looks like:

Quick Reply: 2016 A3 Sportback e-tron