Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Adaptive Cruise Control Demo

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 03:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adaptive Cruise Control Demo

I just finished putting together a quick demo video of the Adaptive Cruise Control in my facelift. Figured I'd post it on here in case anyone's been trying to see it in action. I know I had a lot of trouble finding any videos for it when I ordered mine.

Old 12-05-2016, 05:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just to clarify. The car doesn't "Slam" on the brakes. It applies them more than a normal driver typically would. This is all based on how close the driver is to your vehicle when it merges into your lane. If a driver cuts you off it will slam on the brakes. If the vehicle gives you plenty of room when it merges, it will gently apply them. You just have to be prepared. I do not use the system in wet/snow conditions.
Old 12-11-2016, 04:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

If another vehicle merges and is "close", yet is 1 mph or more faster than you, and will pull away, or immediately traverses to the next lane over in one dedicated move, does the car unnecessarily brake?
Old 12-11-2016, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice
Old 12-11-2016, 11:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by steveracer
If another vehicle merges and is "close", yet is 1 mph or more faster than you, and will pull away, or immediately traverses to the next lane over in one dedicated move, does the car unnecessarily brake?
It is all based on the distance that you have chosen. If you have it set at distance 3, it has a higher chance of braking if another car merges close than it doesn't on distance 1 setting.