Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Anyone else beat on the car bc it's leased?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Vermilion
I beat on mine a little everyday. Shifting at redline quite often and all that. I also hate washing my car and its always dirty but I don't give a ****. I leased it to have fun and try out Audi. I didn't "break" it in or anything. Hell it had 50 or so miles on it when I got it so I'm sure those 50 miles were hard test drives.

I was the same way with my Subaru STI's. I would take them off road quite often and down gravel roads. Listening to the rocks banging against the underside of the car would make most people cringe but, its what it was made for. The S3 could be used for the same if you wanted. Drive it how you want and who cares what others think.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Even when I lease, I would never treat the vehicle other than loving and nurturing it.

The fact is when you are at lease-end, your vehicle may have more value than the lease residual. You can parlay that excess value in a cost reduction for your next lease or purchase.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

True car enthusiasts treat their vehicles, leased or owned, as an extension of themselves and maybe even as a part of their family. Thus, those people have respect for their machine and take care of it accordingly.

Others who don't have this connection treat their car as simply a possession to be used and, in some cases, abused. It is just a thing with no more personal attachment than a coffee pot.

Is either person's approach right or wrong? Probably not but most of those who are here at AW would more than likely fall into the first category.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread reminds me of why I like to buy new and baby it. Never know what the previous owner did to it 😊
Old 07-26-2015, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Whoever buys my returned lease is a very lucky driver. I detail weekly, only use shell 93, get all maintenance by original dealer, and drive the car like it should be driven- with performance in mind. I don't redline shift, or do launches but it gets a healthy workout almost daily.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

I have leased my last four Audi's since 2005 and have treated each of them like I intended to keep them for 30 years. I don’t get the OP's suggestion that you beat a leased car. It is like saying you trash a hotel room because you don’t live there. Trailer trash mentality?
Disgusting viewpoint to me. When I rent a car for travel (business or personal) I check the oil, tire pressure, adjust/fill if necessary and wash the car if it gets dirty. The OP's comments disturb me when I see the condition the US has gotten into with so few of our fellow citizens giving a hairy rat’s about things including others. This does relate to the OP's statement, since there is an "other person" who is likely to buy the car once the lease is up.
Isn’t the OP the same person who reveled in being an “Audi family” that loves tossing back a few beers with Dad and siblings over how much they love German cars? Typical “all about me and mine” people who could care less what their actions do to others. Probably Trump (or worse) supporters. Sad.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by irenesbob
Isn’t the OP the same person who reveled in being an “Audi family” that loves tossing back a few beers with Dad and siblings over how much they love German cars? Typical “all about me and mine” people who could care less what their actions do to others. Probably Trump (or worse) supporters. Sad.
Not sure but the OP is the one that ordered a car before shopping around, discovered he was paying too much, backed out of the deal, got his deposit back and went elsewhere without giving the dealer a chance to match the price.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I do love my S3 and treat it as part of the family. But after being involved in a hit and run that messed up the front bumper and fender and my dealership having it for 40 days to fix the AC, some of the new has definitely worn off and I'm not really babying anymore.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,070 Likes on 744 Posts

OP, I think your original post was a bad choice of words. Beating on a car implies carelessness and disregard for it. I don't think that's what you meant. Driving an S or RS hard after properly warming it up, winding it out all the way to redline on a regular basis, taking it to the track or go canyon carving is not beating on the car. These cars were built with performance driving in mind. As long as you maintain it in accordance with how you drive it, it's all good. Having said that, though, it's inexcusable if you treat a leased car worse than you would your own property. That is frankly not much different from trashing a hotel room or being a slob at somebody else's house.

Originally Posted by irenesbob
When I rent a car for travel (business or personal) I check the oil, tire pressure, adjust/fill if necessary and wash the car if it gets dirty.
This reminds me of how I often take the loaners through the car wash shortly after leaving the service department. Not to mention the soda and coffee spills I often find in them.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Exactly why i will never buy a used car!!!! LMAO

Quick Reply: Anyone else beat on the car bc it's leased?