Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Building a 2017 S3

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those that may have missed it, there is a Daily Activity Report available from the Port of Halifax which includes vessel ETAs:

http://www.halifaxgetsitthere.com/en...us-report.aspx

If you've been able to identify the specific vessel name your car is shipping on, this might help track the progress.

I'm new to this process, but if I am interpreting it all correctly, there are currently only two ships scheduled from the German port (Emden), where Volkswagen/Audis are loaded, to Halifax: Oregon Highway and Sentosa Leader:

http://www.pwl.de/misc/filePush.php?...L_Schedule.pdf

That appears to be a weekly Emden port schedule with only ETAs.

Anyone else care to comment on this tracking method?
Old 10-18-2016, 02:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You Guys were right,

Dealer call me today and let me know that the Ara blue does not start production until November. I have been telling them that for over two weeks… They feel embarrassed a little :-)
Looks like it’s gonna be February for me to then.
Hope to see some review soon from you (guys with other colors) :-)

Last edited by Pat_Qc; 10-18-2016 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Pat_Qc
You Guys were right,

Dealer call me today and let me know that the Ara blue does not start production until November. I have been telling them that for over two weeks… They feel embarrassed a little :-)
They should - it's been noted in the 2017 Audi S3 Order Guide since summer that Start of Production for that colour wasn't until week #45 of 2016:

Old 10-18-2016, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

It looks like the car carrier vessel Oregon Highway is now currently docked at the Port of Emden, Germany - next stop Halifax...hopefully by the ETA date of October 29.

The Google Maps satellite view of this area is amazing - rows upon rows of Volkswagen AG vehicles.

And here's a video of a train carrying new Audis from the Ingolstadt factory to Emden:

Old 10-18-2016, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

The interesting view on that video is the cars that are almost totally encapsulated are bound for North America due to the long transportation time on ships , rail cars, sitting on dock areas and all the pollution contaminants that would fall on them.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some are and some are not covered with a white film. I see at times the same thing on trucks in the states and more often than not they are new models just being released and/or cars prior to release.

Way back when I took delivery on a Camry the second year they imported them to the states. In those days they covered the cars with a goop that was somewhat similar to Cosmoline and acted as a rust preventative. My dealer was not very effective at getting it off. There is a lot of salt in the air when cars are shipped over the ocean. In those days it was necessary because there were not as good protections against rust as there are today.

While that is not as much of an issue today, I did have one car I had to refuse because the battery on a car above it had a crack and all the battery acid leaked onto the top surfaces of my car. There were a bunch of splash spots going down to bare metal on the hood, top and trunk. The only way they could have fixed that right would be a total repaint of the affected surfaces and they would not assure me that would happen.

I also had one that did not stay on the the tracks on the truck when it was delivered to the dealer. That car was one I bought out of stock and did not notice a small amount of over spray on trim until I had the car for over a month. The trim involved would not have been on the car at the factory when it was originally painted. The dealer would not fess up to what happened and would not even replace the trim affected. Based on the time it took me to notice the problem I could not prove I did not do the damage. That was the last time I ever dealt with that dealer.

Neither of the above two involved Audi vehicles. Still they are examples of how s*&t happens.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts

My S7 arrived fully covered, both film and a tyvex cover.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

To fellow impatient S3 customers, I just received a notification from MarineTraffic.com that Oregon Highway has just left port in Germany and is on its way to Halifax with an October 29 ETA.

This ETA is one day later than what my last Audi order status indicated. And for those who want to check their own, my order status listed this as "Vessel #53".

Here's where the vessel is now.
Old 11-01-2016, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Nice new review of the 2017 Audi S3:

2017 Audi S3 First Drive Review | The Manual
Old 11-02-2016, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Jalopnik review of the 2017 Audi S3 is up:

The 2017 Audi S3 Is For Tech Hipsters Who Need To Go Fast

Quick Reply: Building a 2017 S3