Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Building a 2017 S3

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 03:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It does. If you press and hold the left **** it'll sync them up.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by justinmj
Awesome!

I have an odd question: Since you have a 2017, could you tell us if the dual-zone climate control has a function whereby you can link both sides and turn both zones' temperatures up and down in sync?
Mine is older, but assume they did not change. On my 15 you do a long press of the left hand temperature **** until the temperature on both sides match. After that until someone changes right side temperature both will be the same.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BobMar46
Mine is older, but assume they did not change. On my 15 you do a long press of the left hand temperature **** until the temperature on both sides match. After that until someone changes right side temperature both will be the same.
Gotcha...does that preference stay regardless of turning the car on and off?
Old 11-07-2016, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by justinmj
Gotcha...does that preference stay regardless of turning the car on and off?
Yes it does have a memory for the previous setting when you restart the car. The cab even remembers temperature settings when the top was last down vs. when the top was up the last time.

It took a while to figure out that needed to be done to get them to synchronize. I'm sure there is an explanation somewhere in the part of the manual I did not originally read. On most other cars there is either a button or you have to go into the menu system for climate control to return both to the same. In terms of attempting to go with as few buttons as possible this method makes sense. IMO it is also better than some cars that make you go through multiple menu screens to return to both sides being the same. Still it is not something intuitive for a new driver of the car.
Old 11-12-2016, 11:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by CanadianS3
Any questions for a guy that received his?
That is a great looking colour and really photographed well.

Curious about the sport seats while driving through the Bow Valley - are they comfortable throughout the ~90 minute drive to Banff?

And how are you doing for real world gas mileage on Hwy 1 and around Calgary?
Old 11-13-2016, 09:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Lars77

Curious about the sport seats while driving through the Bow Valley - are they comfortable throughout the ~90 minute drive to Banff?

Thanks so much!

The sport seats are perfect. What makes them great, is actually their lack of support in some cases. As much as they're well bolstered, etc, they don't 'pinch' because of the way the top of the seat opens up. (6'1 - 190lbs). Two 3 hour runs to Edmonton plus some mountain runs so far - great for both. My only issue is they're already creasing from entering /exiting the vehicle. I've concluded I need to be okay with this because I couldn't be more careful! Mine was delivered with creases just from the dealer loading /unloading the car.

I'll take a peak at my long-term mileage when I head out to the garage this afternoon to swap to winter wheels / tires. I can tell you it's not superb lol. Keep in mind, most of my commuting is Kensington to foothills hospital, then accross 16th to Centre street. All inner-city. The long term mileage will show the daily 5k commute, two trips to Edmonton and some spirited driving in the mountains, plus a conservative 1600km break-in. 3000km on the car now.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Lars77

Checked it for you this afternoon. Averaging 21mpg in the last 3000kms.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

In case anyone gets their car in time for winter! Replika RS6 wheels. 18x8 in black w/ 225/40/18 Bridgestone WS80's. Black tuner lugs. Weather tech mats (Just released for 17' S3!)

Old 11-14-2016, 02:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CanadianS3
In case anyone gets their car in time for winter! Replika RS6 wheels. 18x8 in black w/ 225/40/18 Bridgestone WS80's. Black tuner lugs. Weather tech mats (Just released for 17' S3!)

How much for the wheel/tire package and from where?
Old 11-14-2016, 12:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Civuck
How much for the wheel/tire package and from where?
$1700ish shipped, taxes, mounted and balanced.

1010tires from BC! Highly recommend them.

Quick Reply: Building a 2017 S3