Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Credit Application at time of RS3 Order?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by affalterbach
My dealer never asked me for a credit app or deposit.
Same here. I had initiated a loan request with my bank (WF) a few weeks ago. When I went to check out the car this week I asked if the dealer could do a better deal, and they did. I filled out a credit app and they were able to beat my bank by more than half a percentage point. So much for the perks of being a 30-year loyal customer at WF. Time to move to a new institution. Picked up the car yesterday and love it, other than learning all the setups and configurations on the VC. Similar to buying a new computer!
Old 08-11-2017, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope, I didn't have to do a credit app for the RS3 order and I wouldn't considering I'm paying cash. Just made the $1,000 deposit and I was good. The saleperson I worked with said they'd easily sell the car so no worries on their end.

Originally Posted by keninblaine
Same here. I had initiated a loan request with my bank (WF) a few weeks ago. When I went to check out the car this week I asked if the dealer could do a better deal, and they did. I filled out a credit app and they were able to beat my bank by more than half a percentage point. So much for the perks of being a 30-year loyal customer at WF. Time to move to a new institution. Picked up the car yesterday and love it, other than learning all the setups and configurations on the VC. Similar to buying a new computer!
I just bought my wife a new 4Runner and WF couldn't come close to the rate I got through a local credit union. I'm a WF employee and that's with my discount--credit union beat them by 1.5% on a 2 year note. The big banks seem to be pulling back from auto lending and simply aren't very competitive.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealers don't typically ask for a credit app at the time of order.

Also, regarding WF and other big banks not being competitive on auto loan rates, they never have been. Especially if you're filling your application through a retail branch. They have more competitive rates through their wholesale lending, which is what you get through the dealership finance department.