Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Finally... Pics of the new S3 !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone with the Internal SIM card mod been able to activate the AudiConnect services? or at the very least link the car to your myaudi.com account?
You can enable the icon for Audi Connect to show on the MMI main menu page (by setting 'Vehicle configuration remote_hmi to ON)
Old 12-04-2017, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mlavio829
Has anyone with the Internal SIM card mod been able to activate the AudiConnect services? or at the very least link the car to your myaudi.com account?
You can enable the icon for Audi Connect to show on the MMI main menu page (by setting 'Vehicle configuration remote_hmi to ON)
I do not think you can do that - your VIN should be registered in the audi connect DB to start using any of the services. Tried it few times myself, nothing worked
Old 12-05-2017, 12:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys! I'm Jacopo from Italy and I follow this interesting discussion from many days. I have a TT mk3 with retrofitted navi and now I just want to view google maps in my virtual cokpit. I have follow all of your adaption but The menu google maps continue to appear and then disappear from navi menu. I have done the long coding phone NAD to see hotpot e client (thanks to Tesla) but I'm not sure my car connected to my portable SSID (despite the messagge about the connection is ok). Now, my TT, don't have SIM card slot!! And so I have a lot of doubts about this adaptions:
LTE_modul, activated or not?
WiFi client hmi, ON or OFF?
Sim card mode switch, not present or present?
And what about remote_HMI? Is true that if is enable google maps doesn't work?

Remember guys, I don't have a sim card slot in my MMI

thank you guys!

Jacopo
Old 12-05-2017, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by elrod_s3
How do we get the Red Air vents? The link you provided is broken....
I'm looking for those Red Air vents as well - anyone have a lead that doesn't cost an arm and a leg for them? Thanks.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by XMetal00
I'm looking for those Red Air vents as well - anyone have a lead that doesn't cost an arm and a leg for them? Thanks.
Anyone ever find out how to get those black / red air vents? I have looked absolutely everywhere, cant find them besides those ****ty red rings you can buy.

Looking for the non chrome air vents (black where chrome normally is) and with the red circle.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Great pics and car
Old 07-26-2018, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did anyone successfully get the external Antenna to connect? Where did you purchase the antenna?
Old 07-26-2018, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mlavio829
Did anyone successfully get the external Antenna to connect? Where did you purchase the antenna?
I have bought and think correctly connected antenna, but that did not result in the improved signal, not sure if additional coding is required
Old 07-28-2018, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been able to enable my external SIM and have been able to get internal SIM data to work as well (i.e. I can now update maps OTA even though I don't currently have an Audi Connect subscription). However, Google navigation overlay still doesn't work (it keeps looking for a subscription apparently) and I can't enable connecting to a personal hotspot (the option is grayed out under Wi-Fi options). I've coded everything the way it was listed above but have not been able to get these features to work. Have any other USDM A3/S3 owners been able to get this to work?

Last edited by Nachos Libres; 07-28-2018 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-28-2018, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And I got it to finally work (at least the Google navigation overlays) without the Audi Connect subscription. I had to turn the remote_HMI option that is set default enabled on USDM cars to disabled, which turned off the Audi Connect menu and now allows me to see Google navigation overlays without a subscription. It did take away the option to update maps OTA without a subscription but I'm hoping I can just enable that option back to have that option in the future. I still wasn't able to get it to turn on connection to personal hotspot but since it is using the internal SIM for that Google navigation overlay data that is totally fine with me.

EDIT: I was able to get the OTA maps update to work as well by re-enabling the my_Audi option that apparently I turned off when I turned off remote_HMI.

Last edited by Nachos Libres; 07-28-2018 at 02:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Finally... Pics of the new S3 !!