Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

How are you playing your I-tunes library through the A3/S3?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by HopefulA3Owner
Thank you for preveting me from starting a whole new thread for this, lol. Is it that easy with the SD cards to play audio? I hate to drain my iPhone battery and having to keep plugging it in, so I was hoping that SD cards would be the way to go. Up to 32GB, right?
If you are copying music files from iTunes on your computer to an SD card, be sure to copy from the iTunes Music folder where the songs are stored and not copy directly from the iTunes app itself. Also, the folder structure on the card should be: Artist>Albums>Songs. Playlists can be trickier - do an AW search for info.

Note that any older "AAC Protected" files will copy but not play in the MMI. You can check if you have any of these by viewing file type in iTunes.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
If you are copying music files from iTunes on your computer to an SD card, be sure to copy from the iTunes Music folder where the songs are stored and not copy directly from the iTunes app itself. Also, the folder structure on the card should be: Artist>Albums>Songs. Playlists can be trickier - do an AW search for info.

Note that any older "AAC Protected" files will copy but not play in the MMI. You can check if you have any of these by viewing file type in iTunes.
Great, thanks for the heads up! I'll research the playlist option as well. What are the SD card slot's other uses, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 12-01-2014, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by HopefulA3Owner
Great, thanks for the heads up! I'll research the playlist option as well. What are the SD card slot's other uses, if you don't mind me asking?
I believe the only other use is to import directory contacts if you wanted to copy them manually vs. automatically from the phone via Bluetooth.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I believe the only other use is to import directory contacts if you wanted to copy them manually vs. automatically from the phone via Bluetooth.
Ok cool. I'll use the free Sirius trial until I can figure out how to get the SD Card exactly how I want it, lol. All this to not have a cable showing...

Thanks!